Gig Club Annual Visit to East Head

Brian West at the Gig Club has invited us to join in their fun day at East Head on the Spring Bank Holiday Monday, May 30.
He writes:
"You are invited as in previous years to join in our Annual row to the conservancy , high tide is at 5 pm , involves Bringing a kite , playing games taking a picnic , we have a posting on the gig club forum for details .
Hope to see you all there .
Best wishes
Brian "

Sadly I will be away so can someone take over organising this? It was tremendous fun last year.

Re: Gig Club Annual Visit to East Head

Hi Chris

Given that towing volunteers have been scarce for recent events, I am wondering whether we could move a couple of galleys across from the Mill on the sunday afternoon tide and tie up overnight at Northney if the marina would lend us a pontoon space overnight?

That way , we could head off with the giggers earlier in the day and enjoy a full afternoon at the Witterings, as per last year, before rowing back to the Mill with full crews on the Monday early evening tide.

We could move the boats across on Sunday evening and do away with the need to tow to Northney Marina.

If we launch and recover at the Mill during the Monday evening tide, we would likely have less than an hour ashore at the Witterings, as recovery, securing the boats and re launch at Wittering takes a good 15 minutes both in and out.

I am happy to assist in any capacity.
Best

Re: Gig Club Annual Visit to East Head

Dee
I think you'll find Andy the marina charges as they do with the gigs .

Re: Gig Club Annual Visit to East Head

Ah thanks for that.
Well that would only be 3/4 quid a head if we had two full galley crews.
Food for thought and input appreciated.
If we row down and back on the same tide, we would only have about an hour ashore when all is considered.
Have to see what the powers that be reckon.
Cheers