Hamble River Raid 09.00 Boat Park and a Day out for all.......

Hamble River Raid 09.00 Boat Park and a Day out for all.......

Steve Woods
Crews,

Good news is Gladys and Tefis are on trailers. We need to get hands on for the Galley double and sort flags, cannons, harpoons etc. Spectators and supporters welcome. Racing starts at 13.30 but it is a very nice place to hang out and have a coffee and there is a beer tent and usually a Hog roast etc

Crews, we need help when we get back to Langstone to berth all the boats and trailers and Gladys in the morning before the open row.

Cheers

Steve W.

Re: Hamble River Raid 09.00 Boat Park and a Day out for all.......

Andy Mac
Hi Steve,
Many thanks re Gladys and Teifis.
Just to be 100% clear.
Are we unloading boats tomorrow and Sunday morning at the Mill, or just Sunday morning before open row?

Re: Hamble River Raid 09.00 Boat Park and a Day out for all.......

The forecast for tomorrow...Please bring waterproofs!
And just a reminder that the cost of the event is £8 cash.

Re: Hamble River Raid 09.00 Boat Park and a Day out for all.......

Hi Andy,

Both after the event (unless tipping it down! definitely before the open row. Vitally we need many hands to make light work and the trailer stowage has another level of faffing. Cheers

Re: Hamble River Raid 09.00 Boat Park and a Day out for all.......

Andy Mac
Okey dokes
Understood.
I will plan on heading back to Mill saturday and Sunday as necessary.

Be good to get the galleys off the double trailer on Saturday assuming that we have lots of available bodies.

Perhaps I should have worded that a tad better!

Re: Hamble River Raid 09.00 Boat Park and a Day out for all.......

Is it possible we don't have the really heavy oars please. ?

Re: Hamble River Raid 09.00 Boat Park and a Day out for all.......

Andy Mac
I dont think that we have three sets of carbons do we?

If not, Bembridge and Sallyport will bag the carbons and we will have a choice of GRP / Plastics or wooden, I reckon.
Andy