Hamble River Raid crews

Hi everyone. We only have two galleys in action at present, so the crews for the Hamble River Raid are as follows:

Galley 1:
Mike Gilbert (skipper)
Victoria Halliday (cox)
Alison Kidd
Chris Penfold
Paula Bray

Galley 2:
Andrew Berry (skipper and cox)
Mark Taylor
Sue Martin
Elaine Parkin
Hilary Thursby

Teifi:
Christine Ball
Chris Partridge
Frances Taylor (cox)

Please note that the fee is £25 per boat if you pay now, rising to £40 after 15th May. A form needs to be filled in and sent with the fee - could the skippers arrange to collect the money and send the forms. I have emailed the documentation to the skippers and coxswains.
Here's to a great day on the water!
Chris

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

sue martin
Hi Chris & crew
I am very Sorry but I am no longer able to do the Hamble raid.My family have booked a holiday and I shall now be away.
Any one out there interested in my place?
Sue

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Andrew B
Hi Sue,
No problem , thanks for letting us know - and your place has been eagerly taken already...how fast is that ?
Andrew
Andrew

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

sue martin
Golly Gosh that was quick ! Just as well really cos yet another episode of nearly all in rather than out today, so lucky escape for you Skip (as was)
Sue.

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Hi all,
These are the timings for the Hamble River Raid on Saturday:
1000  Meet at boat park to get galleys on double trailer
1100  Depart for Hamble-le-Rice
On arrival, register, launch boats, have hog roast and beer.
1400  Racing starts (staggered start, Teifi will be towards the front, galleys towards the back).
1600  Prize giving
1700  Return Langstone
1800  Go to Royal Oak to celebrate victory (!)

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

alison kidd
That all sounds great, will be at the boat park for 10.00 on Saturday. Alison

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Hi Chris, it's Ron and Cheryl.
Chris, we would like to come and support at the Hamble River Raid on Saturday but are clueless as where to go.
Can you advise please.

All the best - Ron and Cheryl

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

That would be great. All supporters can either come along to the boat park at 10.00, help with the boats and join the convoy to the Hamble, or go directly there.
The event is at Hamble-le-Rice, on the green next to the cafe. You have to drive right through the village to get there, and although there is some parking on the green it is likely to be full very early on. There is a hog roast and beer tent both of which are highly recommended. The race starts at around 14.00.

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Hi Hamble Raiders:
The crews for the Hamble River Raid are as follows:
Langstone Lady: Mike G (skipper) Victoria (cox) Chris Penfold, Alison Kidd, Paula Bray.
Bembridge: Andrew Berry (skipper and cox), Mark Taylor, Elaine Parkin, Hilary Thursby, Alan Harding.
Millie:  Frances Taylor (cox), Christine Ball, Chris Partridge.

We need to meet at 10.00 at the boat park. The galleys are loaded onto the double trailer but need to be strapped down and the electrics done. Mike has kindly offered to tow. I will tow Millie.
The weather forecast is excellent so please bring sunblock. The race starts at 14.00 and we should be in time for the hog roast and beer tent. We should be back by 17.00.
It is shaping up for a great day - see you all on Saturday!
Chris

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Jenny
Hi Chris
I'm confused,  does this mean I'm not needed?
Jenny

Sent from Samsung Mobile

The crews for the Hamble River Raid are as follows:
Langstone Lady: Mike G (skipper) Victoria (cox) Chris Penfold, Alison Kidd, Paula Bray.
Bembridge: Andrew Berry (skipper and cox), Mark Taylor, Elaine Parkin, Hilary Thursby, Alan Harding.
Millie:  Frances Taylor (cox), Christine Ball, Chris Partridge.

We need to meet at 10.00 at the boat park. The galleys are loaded onto the double trailer but need to be strapped down and the electrics done. Mike has kindly offered to tow. I will tow Millie.
The weather forecast is excellent so please bring sunblock. The race starts at 14.00 and we should be in time for the hog roast and beer tent. We should be back by 17.00.
It is shaping up for a great day - see you all on Saturday!
Chris

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Hamble-River-Raid-crews-tp1313p1400.html

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Aaargh, i'm confused as well. Could I come back to you on that, Jenny?
Senior moment....

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Jenny
Is it because of my performance today? I can do better  honest!!

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Hilary Thursby
We've been in touch with Alan Harding and he is unable to row on Saturday so Jenny has kindly agreed to step in.

So just to clarify (as Andrew is still away) our crew will be:

Andrew - Cox
Mark
Elaine
Hilary
Jenny

See you all on Saturday
Hilary

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Thanks Hilary and Jenny...you have saved the day.
Best,
Chris

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Jenny, you were without doubt the finest passenger we have ever had. Well done!

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Geoff Shilling
Good Luck to you all. Bring my trophy. Geoff

Re: Hamble River Raid crews

Can I emphasise that I must be back at Langstone at 5pm promptly.

I am meeting/hosting Roz Savage who is giving her talk that evening (have you got your tickets yet?).

I will need all the rowers to help me promptly get the boats on the trailers after the raid. I will have to leave at 4pm and if we are to slow, someone else will have to tow back.

Mike Gilbert
Langstone Adventure Rowing
www.langstonerowing.co.uk
m 07767 350512

On 14 May 2014 20:12, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Hamble Raiders:
[...]

Got that - see you all at 10

On 14 May 2014 21:21, Hilary Thursby [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
We've been in touch with Alan Harding and he is unable to row on Saturday so Jenny has kindly agreed to step in.

So just to clarify (as Andrew is still away) our crew will be:

Andrew - Cox
Mark
Elaine
Hilary
Jenny

See you all on Saturday
Hilary

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Hamble-River-Raid-crews-tp1313p1404.html

Andrew Berry
Andrew

Re: Hamble River Raid photos

Ron Williams sent over a great selection of pics - view the slideshow here.