Hamble - meet at boatpark at 8am Saturday

Hamble - meet at boatpark at 8am Saturday

Hi all,

We need to be at Hamble on Saturday at 10am for a 10.15 coxes briefing and a 10.30 race start. Please could everyone come to our boat park for 8am to get the trailers ( already loaded with the boats ) down the slipway and hooked up.
If you live much closer to Hamble than Langstone then just post below and its fine to go straight there.
Please can we lift share as there isn't much parking at Hamble. Some of the towers may have spare seats.
We will be launching at Hamble Point marina SO31 4NB and rowing the boats across to Hamble.
We do need everyone to come back to Langstone at the end of the day to get the trailers back into the boat park. We are usually exhausted but happy by this stage!
For those that haven't been before there is a cafe ( great but the queues can be long), ice cream shop and usually a hog roast,cakes and beer tent run for the event. There are also plenty of loos. You are also only a few minutes walk from the pubs and shops in Hamble if you are coming to spectate and need a break from rowers going on about rowing ... endlessly.

The entry fee is £8 per person which covers the £25 boat entry (we don't charge coxes) and a small contribution to the fuel for towers as without them volunteering we couldn't do it. Please pay online in the same way as for subs but put Hamble/name in the reference.

Bring layers, coats, suncream, water bottles and a sense of humour, this is a really great day out!

Re: Hamble - meet at boatpark at 8am Saturday

Marion
Please note that the event details mention that the refreshments marquee will be cash only so remember to bring your pennies 😉😁

Re: Hamble - meet at boatpark at 8am Saturday

Lynn Murray
Hi Rachel, do you know an approximate time we will be finished please?

Re: Hamble - meet at boatpark at 8am Saturday

By the time everyone has something to eat and we wait for the awards and row back over and load the boats it's often about 5ish.  It could be a bit earlier this year but it's all very 'relaxed' especially when it's sunny.