Interested in training for races? If so, read on…UPDATED

Interested in training for races? If so, read on…UPDATED

*Update*

Thanks all for a great response.
I’ll start to look out for some better weather windows in June, liaise with the row coordinators for each week and post training rows from there. Please keep an eye out.
See you all soon.
Matt

——————

Hi all,
As part of my responsibility on the committee and to the club, I’m putting together some race training sessions from early June onwards.
These won’t be the easiest of sessions, but they will be aimed at helping to get individuals and crews ready for some of the longer and harder races coming up fairly soon (Cockleshell, Around Hayling, GRR etc. etc.)
I do realise this training won’t appeal to all, but everybody in the club is more than welcome to join in, if you wish to get race ready….for this year or next.

Before I put out any dates, or look at tides etc. I’d just like to gauge the level of interest (if any) in this idea.
So please post below if interested and I can work out mixed levels, mixed boats and crews, and all interest and dates from there.

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Dave & Josie
I’m definitely interested Matt, will live in hope it’s doesn’t clash with my work 🤞

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Steph Savill
I am interested Matt but I am not in any races.

As long as the excursion rows are not effected I am happy to build on my stamina and endurance levels and do some extra rows.

Thanks
Steph

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Pam P
Like Steph I'm not in any races, but may be interested in training if there's a Class 1 level.
Thank you Matt

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Chris Waterworth
Yes, I would like to do some training, only been with the club about a month or so, but keen to get more time on the water.

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Vince Ibbs
HI Matt

I'm not sure I'm anyway near wanting to race, being a bit of a newbie, but a bit of training certainly won't go amiss. Please count me in.

Thanks
Vince

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Heather Green
Brilliant Matt- thank you 🙏🏻 and yes please!! Any training/coaching warmly welcomed (and needed 😁). I work full-time but will do my very best to skive (book leave) as and when.

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Rich Beard
Yes from Jo and I.

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Julie A
Hii Matt,
I haven't signed up for any races this year but would be interested

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Steve Holder
I'm another that could do with this as long as work doesn't get in the way.

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Matt McD
I would be interested Matt. Matt
Matt McDermott

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Gill
I am also interested although not in racing at the moment

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Kay Chambers
Yes please Matt

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Claire Tomlinson
Yes please Matt

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Lesley Grainger
Yes please
Thanks
Lesley x

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Greg Spencer
Yes please Matt though I might find June / early July a bit difficult to fit in with parental pressures!

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Pete Reed
Top man!
Just what is needed
Sign me up
Pete

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Certainly interested now that I have been “encouraged” to do GRR!

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Mo Evans
Put me down please Matt.
Mo

Re: Interested in training for races? If so, read on…

Susan Wagg
Yes please Matt
12