Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Hi all,
       We have received an invitation from Paul Bennett at Emsworth Sailing Club to row round and take part in the naming of their new Celtic Longboat. The invitation is for up to 6 members, so that is a Celtic crew with passenger.
This will clash with the Saturday excursion row which will be posted nearer the time, but as the high tide is 11am and Paul would like the crew to arrive at 10.30 there is time to have a proper row beforehand. Please sign up if you would like to be part of the Celtic crew.

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Steph Savill
Yes please Rachel

Steph

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Yes please if you have room,
 thanks Matt

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Yes please Sue

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Rich Beard
Hi Rachel.

I’m available if selected. Rich

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Yes please for me

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Vernon Seddon
Yes please if there is room Rachel

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Great we have a crew.

Steph S
Matt O'Neill
Sue L
Richard Beard
Liz W
Vernon

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Rich Beard
Great. Looking forward to rowing with you all. Rich

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Here is the full invitation with all the details of where to be and when. I will leave to to decide whether to launch at 9 or a bit later.

You are cordially invited to Emsworth Sailing Club on Saturday 23rd March at 11.00am to celebrate naming and launch of our new Celtic Longboat.

We would like to invite up to 6 members of your club and, where you are able, your Celtic Longboat as well. For those on the water, please assemble at the visitor pontoon in the Emsworth channel at 10.45 ready to row to Emsworth Sailing Club where we will meet at the club pontoons for a short ceremony. For those attending without a boat, you are welcome any time from 1030.  The Ceremony will be followed by coffee and cake in the clubhouse. You are of course welcome to moor your boat on one of the club pontoons. If you have any questions on the day members of the rowing development group can be identified by their ESC badge.

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Vernon Seddon
Good Evening

Matt, Liz, Sue, Richard, Steph can I propose we meet at 9.15am, launch by 9.30, row down the harbour to Marker and then get back to the visitors pontoon by 10.45am and then row round to Emsworth Sailing Club to arrive at 11.00am.

Vernon

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Steph Savill
Sounds like a plan Vernon.
See you then, thanks.
Steph

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Sounds good to me. See you Saturday. Sue

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Brilliant. See you there.

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Sounds good, thanks for organising us Vernon!

Thanks Vernon. See you then

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Vernon Seddon
UPDATE

Just received this from Paul via Rachel

The wind looks pretty marginal on Sat.  With our relatively novice team, I think we will end up keeping the boat on the terrace for the event.  I don't want to dampen the rowing enthusiasm of Langstone, but no need to row over unless you are going out anyway and wish to pop in for coffee and cake.
It would be good to see some of the Cutters in ESC for the ceremony and a cup of coffee and cake whether in Sweare Deep or on foot.
Paul

The forecast is looking quite windy and getting wet about 11am, I think we should check again early tomorrow morning and make a call then as to if we go out.

Vernon

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Hi Vernon,
Thanks for the update. Not sure if it helps make your decision at all, but CRAC sound like they are thinking of and are just about ready to cancel themselves out of rowing over.

Afraid I’m also going to take myself off the row as I’ve been back to hospital having more tests this week, with more to follow on Monday…last thing I need is to arrive there with a cold and they won’t see me!!

Sorry to miss it, but you still have 5 strong rowers in the boat, so you’ll be ok if you do still decide to go!
See you on Sunday

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Happy to row if not too windy but probably better to drive over. Sue

Re: Invitation from Emsworth Sailing club - Sat 23rd March 9.00am

Rich Beard
Ok. Will wait to hear
12