Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

On Saturday we welcome several boats that will be taking part in the Round Hayling race on the Sunday. To give them a row while the Cornish pilot gigs do their thing, we will be rowing to Eastney Cruising Association at Langstone Harbour mouth for beer.
We will start from FROM THE MILL at 12.00. If there is enough demand to bring Gladys and Mabel and possibly a Teifi or two, please express a preference here and we can try and arrange for you to row them over to meet up there.
This is going to be a special row - it's not often we get visitors, so do come if you can!

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

ron and cheryl
Hi Chris, Ron and Cheryl would love to do this and show off in one of our Solent Galleys wearing our new caps that Cheryl, using her sewing skills, has made fit perfectly. So, Solent Galley for us please ~ Ron and Cheryl

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

Wearing No 1 Dress Caps is a jolly good idea and I will be doing that too.

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

Galley or Teifi for me please Chris.
Cap, club top and all.
Prefer not to row Claydon to conserve energy for Sunday.
Many thanks

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

I would like to row a Galley if possible but am also happy in a Teifi or a visiting boat  :-)

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

Hi Chris,a galley for me please. Any chance of swopping my medium cap for a small one?Marilyn.

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

Very sorry Marilyn but Cutters are such bigheads we didn't get any small caps made...

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

Chris, subject to helping Mike out. Please put me down for a pint at the Bluebell happy to assist any visiting boats with crewing/navigation etc

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

Chris I'd have liked to do the excursion but am (also?) booked up for the St Ayles trip at noon.  I'm happy to help with our boats, and then go on the CRAB trip.

      (A)  I thought you might like to look at the advisory note I posted to Victoria, as it will also be pertinent for your trip.
  In short Emsworth will be very crowded on the water on Saturday. See the notice of race below for a hint at just some of the fun and games planned....
http://www.emsworthslippersc.org.uk/upload/ESSC%20JR%202015%20SIs.pdf

     (B)   Also relevant to the weekend events is the fact that The Lodge will be having a special event this weekend and moving trailers will probably not be an option  - even during the days running up to the weekend as contractors will require access and setting up equipment including marquees. At the very least you would need to confer with Mark.

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

Hi Chris, hope it's OK but I have said I will row with Victoria in the St Ayles skiff if needed

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

If we all congregate at the marina at noon we can spread ourselves out among the available boats as necessary. Milling about as usual...

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

Thanks Nigel.
In view of the number of Optis that will be infesting the Emsworth channel, the new destination is Eastney Cruising Association in Langstone Harbour mouth. They have just bought two plastic Cornish pilot gigs, and hope to man them on Saturday to come up harbour and meet us.
They have an excellent bar overlooking the harbour mouth and the club is extremely hospitable.
Departure time is 12.00 as before.

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

CHANGE IN PLAN - PLEASE READ
The double trailer is in purdah this weekend because of the Effenberg wedding, which seems to be quite the grand affair. So the galleys will no longer be going to Northney but will be based at the Mill for the duration.
This happily means that the 08.00 meeting to haul boats on trailers is CANCELLED. Also the training rows.

So, to reiterate, the plan for this weekend is now:
Saturday: 12.00 Meet at the Mill for excursion row to Eastney Cruising Association.
Sunday: 11.00 Meet at the Mill to get boats in the water for the Round Hayling Row.

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

Hi Chris, I think I will have to say no for Saturdays row now you are going to Eastney and 'SAVE MY SELF ' for Sunday. Marilyn .

Re: Langstone Rowing Weekend excursion row Saturday

In line with Marilyn's comment about "saving herself" for Sunday, I have a similar concern. Team Mabel were thinking of joining the social row to Emsworth with our visitors on the Saturday. Jenny and I had a chat this morning and we both felt that the idea or rowing down and back in Langstone Harbour was effectively doing 2/3rds of what we had planned to do on Sunday as the Round Hayling.  Would Emsworth not be a better destination for our visitors. It is more scenic than Eastney's Glory Hole and different water to where we will all be rowing on Sunday.

I appreciate that Slipper and ESC are holding their joint junior regatta, but that is no different to any average weekend dinghy racing day in Emsworth.