Magna Carta Relay in June

This looks fun - anyone interested?
From Malcolm Knight:
Thames Alive are proud to announce they are the lead partner in the organising of another spectacle on the River Thames.
We are working on behalf of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead and the Boroughs of Runnymede and Spelthorne to create a visual spectacle.

Over the week end of the 13th & 14th June 2015 a flotilla of traditional rowing boats will carry a facsimile of the Magna Carta from Hurley downriver to Runnymede to celebrate the 800th anniversary of the Sealing of Magna Carta, stopping along the way to tell the story of how this World changing document was created.

We would like to invite you to register your interest in being involved as part of the flotilla, as escort or participation in the Pageant on the 14th.

Please go to our web site www.thamesalive.org.uk and follow the links to the Magna Carta 800 page and then the Eventbrite registration process.

We will be closing initial entries on the 28th February after which selection will be made.

We look forward to seeing many of you on the River Thames this year.

Thames Alive Team
www.thamesalive.org.uk
www.facebook.com/thamesalive

RE: Magna Carta Relay in June

Jenny

Hi Chris yes I'm definitely interested.
Thanks Jenny

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

This looks fun - anyone interested?
From Malcolm Knight:
[...]

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Magna-Carta-Relay-in-June-tp2976.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Shellz
It's a bit early to know if I'll be available then but would definitely like to register my interest in being part of a crew.

Shel

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Andrew B
Hi Chris,
Both Debbie and myself would like to do this.
Thanks A & D
Andrew

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Jackie Tutt
Good morning Chris
Both Greg and I would love to be included in this event, would also like Maisie to be involved if open to your Juniors too, just need to confirm her GCSE timetable!
Kr
jackie

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Education and sport - yes please!

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Grahaml
O yes, something I can say yes too. So yes please. That boat of yours must be finished, how about a picture.
Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 13, 2015, at 2:40 AM, Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:

This looks fun - anyone interested?
From Malcolm Knight:
[...]

alison kidd
Yes, very definitely interested,
Alison

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Alan Harding
Yes please if there is a space.

Thanks,

Alan H

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Chris, yes please.If anybody interested Radio 4 with Melvin Bragg delivered a 4 part legacy series you can get on iplayer a bit dull in places but the part where King John and the Pope disputed the Rowing of Chichester harbour is really good!

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Frances and Mark both interested

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Love to join you,if I'm not across the Grande Manche.

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Yes please - sounds great!

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Steve, Can you be a bit more specific about where it is in the series?

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

In view of the high level of interest I have registered all three galleys. There is no guarantee all or any will get in but I have emphasised the 'wow factor' of three galleys in a flotilla so you never know.
We will know some time in March.

By the way, it may be possible for people to come for just one day as long as we can fill the boats both days.

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

I'd be very interested in this jolly!.....however unjolly the weather might turn out to be!!!
As I expect to be based in Twickenham, I can do either or both (preferable) days , and I may be able to tow and possibly offer b&b.
  Cheers. Nigel.

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

Sadie
I'd love to put my name forward cheers Sadie

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

RichardThrift
Hi Chris, Gail and I would like to participate, we used to live very near Wraysbury and Runnymede & the Thames is glorious around that area. Hope you can fit us in.

Re: Magna Carta Relay in June

It would be great to have you both along.
Malcolm Knight has indicated that we might well get all three galleys in the event. There are lots of options for people to come along for one day or both, or to row for just a few legs, so we can probably accommodate everyone who wants to come in one way or another.
So if you are interested sign up here with an indication of whether you want to attend the entire event or just a part, and we can try and accommodate everyone as best we can. There is plenty of time.
12