Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Rachel Norris
This post was updated on .
Wed looks like the best day for a row this week. High tide is 11.36 (4.5m) and the weather looks fine with fairly light winds. Suggest we meet at the mill at 9.15 and if wind looks possible take a row to Portchester for elevensees. Bring flasks, cake or picnic as you see fit!

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Hi Rachel,
May I suggest that if you want to go further afield we should start a bit earlier? My tide tables show HW at 11.15 (4.3m) for Wednesday, so to take maximum advantage we should perhaps meet at 09.00 and aim to get the boat(s) on the water by 09.30.
Because the tide is fairly neapish the bridges in Port Creek will be less of a problem, so we could head for Portchester Castle for elevenses on the green if you wanted. We could bring flasks of coffee and club together for a box of Krispee Kremes...

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Rachel Norris
Hi Chris, I like your thinking :-) Sadly I can't get there for 9 as the motorway won't allow it but I could change it to 9.30 ... might that be ok? Alternatively we could go for Thurs but I was a bit worried that the wind looks quite a bit stronger.

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Andrew B
Debbie and I could do Thursday !

looking at the site I use weather seems much the same ?

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/langston
Andrew

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

I could hold the fort until you arrive, if you like.

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Rachel Norris
Thanks Chris that would be great! Lets go for 9.15 as that is a full 2 hours before the tide and gives me a chance of not being too embarrassingly late!

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Me please if you are sticking to Wednesday?

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Rachel Norris
Hi Marion, yes we are sticking to Wed at the revised time of 9.15, so far just you, me and Chris P though!

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Jenny
Hi Rachel I can do Wed if it doesn't make the numbers awkward.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Hi Marion, yes we are sticking to Wed at the revised time of 9.15, so far just you, me and Chris P though!

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Mid-week-Row-Wed-25th-June-tp1607p1625.html

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Rachel Norris
Thats great Jenny, I'm hoping for at least one more so we can take a galley, watch this space :-)

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Geoff Shilling
Hi Rachel. Can I come please. Geoff

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Barry Scott
Dear Rachel

I love your ambition can I join in?
Are we meeting at at 09.00 getting ready for your arrival?

Barry

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Marion
I reckon we should all get there for 9 so we can be a welcoming party for Rachael when she arrives!

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Andrew B
This post was updated on .
I had thought the same - not that I'll be there - its sort of traditional now.....it would be rude not to...
Andrew

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Who's going to bring the balloons?

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Rachel Norris
Balloons would be good, champagne better :-) I refuse to rise to the bait

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Now got the chance of a day off so could join you if the numbers made sense from a crew point of view?

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Rachel Norris
Surely I can tempt one more person to join us for a row to Portchester tomorrow?  We currently have the dreaded 7 but one more and we can take a galley and a Teifi and make a proper party of it :-)

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

Barry Scott
I count 9?

Barry

Re: Mid-week Row Wed 25th June

That's cos you are a philosopher not a mathematician :-)
Me, Chris P, Marion,Jenny,Geoff,you,Tim - Andrew and Debbie can't come cos its Wed

On 24 June 2014 14:41, Barry Scott [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I count 9?

Barry

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Mid-week-Row-Wed-25th-June-tp1607p1640.html