Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

Row will now be Wed at 14.15 as wind too strong for Tues

Tues looks like the only sunny day this week and the only suitable tide but at the moment the wind forecast looks a bit strong! Lets plan to meet at 13.15 at the Mill ( high tide is 15:30 4.6 m ) and decide where to go based on the wind. I will keep an eye on the forecast and change plans if necessary.

Re: Mid-week row Tues 24th - wind permitting

ron and cheryl
Hi Rachel. We would both like to come. Ron & Cheryl.

Re: Mid-week row Tues 24th - wind permitting

Jackie Tutt
Hi Rachel
Yes please for me
Kr
Jackie

Re: Mid-week row Tues 24th - wind permitting

Hi Rachel,
Yes please,see you on the water.
.. Les.. 🚣 💐

Re: Mid-week row Tues 24th - wind permitting

Geoff Shilling
Hi Rachael. I would love to join you. Geoff

Re: Mid-week row Tues 24th - wind permitting

Andrew B
Hi Rache, yes please !
Andrew

Re: Mid-week row Tues 24th - wind permitting

douglassmith

  yes please for tuesdays outing

  Douglas

Re: Mid-week row Tues 24th - wind permitting

Hi all, I think the wind is looking too strong to row tomorrow and since the weather forecast has also changed and Wed looks dry I am going to change days. The row will now be at 2.15 at the Mill on Wed. Apologies to anyone who could make it and now can't.  Please post again letting me know if you can still come so that I know you have seen the update.

Re: Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

Andrew B
Hi Rache,
Yes I think you are very right.
I'll be there on Weds
Andrew

Re: Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

Jackie Tutt
Hi Rachel
Wednesday still ok for me, so I shall be there
Kr
Jackie

Re: Mid-week row Tues 24th - wind permitting

latter part of this was composed before your change in plans. I'd still like to come along.

I'd like to row tomorrow*(Tuesday), Rachel, in spite of the Windguru/Berne predictions for the sea temperature and wind!

Tu24.
                            06h 09h 12h 15h
Wind speed (knots) 20 23 22 22
Wind gusts (knots) 29 32 32 31
Wind direction       275 290 290 290
Wave (m)                1.1 1 1.1 1.2
Wave period (s)        7 5 5 5
Wave direction        250 270 270 270
Temperature Air (°C) 8 7 7 7
         Open Sea (°C)   8.2 8.2 8.2 8.2
       Sea ChiHbr (°C)   5.6 5.5 5.4 5.4
*0° isotherm (m) 870 800 770 760
*Precip. (mm/3h) 0 0 0 0

Another (RASP based) prediction gives graphs of some of the likely  conditions [see link below, and type in    HVS     at the box labelled   "BGA turning point"   and    Tuesday 24th Feb    in the "date entry" box.]
http://rasp.inn.leedsmet.ac.uk/BlipspotG.html?latlon=50.831650,-0.977683&date=20150224

P.S. Rachel  -if you wish to see how good your selected day was for us rowers, try setting the date to Wed 25th Feb and see the difference in predicted conditions!!!

Re: Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

Re: Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

Les Goodall
Hi Rachel ,
I'll be there.
Ta ..... Les.     🚣

Re: Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

Yes please Rachel.

Re: Mid-week row Tues 24th - wind permitting

Thanks Nigel, do I receive some sort of qualification now?

Re: Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

Cheryl and Ron are OK for Wednesday Rachel, see you then.

Re: Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

marilyn Rogers
I can make Wednesday, thanks Marilyn

Re: Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

douglassmith

  wise move - ok for wednesday

   Douglas

Re: Mid-week row Wed 25th - note change of day

Debbie B
Hi Rache - yes please for me Debbie.

Re: Mid-week row Tues 24th - wind permitting

Great news, I can make Wednesday.