Mid week row - Wed 5th ** Now 2pm ***

Hi all, Les is down to organise this week's row and he's not around so I wondered if anyone fancies an outing on Wed. The  forecast is dry with moderate winds, high tide is 4.10 (5.0m) so I suggest we meet at 2pm at the Mill and head for the cafe at the Ferryboat. I did wonder if Portchester might be doable given the very high tide? ... lets see who can make it and decide tomorrow.

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Andrew B
Hi Rachel,
Yes please - Andrew
Andrew

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Yes please.
But Portchester isn't really a good idea at very high tides because of the possibility of being unable to get under the bridges.

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

However, very high tides make a Warsash-Southampton trip very enjoyable. Gladys is on her trailer ready for action...

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Hi Chris, perhaps we could all lie very flat under the bridges :-)  and I'm sorry but there is no way I'm getting back in the bathtub with you or anyone else so soon after Southend, there are bits of me that may never recover !!! If however you would like to organise a separate row I shouldn't be in the least offended ... or even better do it on a different day and then you can come on mine too :-)
* bathtub = Gladys

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

I understand entirely and I have to admit that the suggestion wasn't entirely serious. Getting up off the sofa is proving rather painful this morning...
Anyway, a galley is ready and waiting on her trailer also.

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Andy Mac
Hi Rachel

That is a big yes please from me for a nice row and a big no thank you to Gladys.

Had to chuckle. I'm surprised that you and Chris even have the strength to type this morning.

Resolute rowing = impressive stuff.
Best

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Rachel, yes please with or without bridges , castles, ferries, dolphins, sea monsters or mermaids ? Thank you

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Hi Rachel, Ron and Cheryl for this please.

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

No piers either.

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Claudia
Hello Rachel,
I would like to come for a row thank you.
Cheers, Claudia

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

It's August, do you think anyone would really notice if I popped out for a afternoon row? Methinks not but I may be a bit late getting to the meeting point if that is okay?

😎

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Hi Tim, we would love to have you along and will wait ....for a bit :-)

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

oow, me too please! Marion x

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Great I make that two Galleys already ....
Me,Andrew,Chris,Andy,Steve,Ron,Cheryl,Claudia,Tim,Marion

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Me too please.

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Jackie Tutt
Hi Rachel
Could I please put Maisie, Jade and Charlotte down for this row on Wednesday. I can see that Andrew is also put down and it would be great if they could all go out in Holly for some much needed GRR training. Leave that all up to you, have fun I would love to join you all but I have been away for 10 days and now have heaps of work to do to catch up!

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Hi Jackie, they would be very welcome :-)

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Jackie...having 'heaps of work to do' is the exact reason many of us go out rowing...

Re: Mid week row - Wed 5th

Oh bother have just realised I was reading Tuesday's tide times. Wed High tide is 16.10 (5.0m) so we will need to meet at 2pm. I will email everyone I can find an address for but please spread the word :-)