Mid week row

RichardThrift
This week's weather is troublesome for rowing with high winds and lashing rains on most days however I have espied a glimmer of hope for us all on Tuesday the 7th this week--- there is sunshine--about the only bit this week so can I suggest we all meet up at the Mill at 9.30am to get the boats out on the water by 10 at latest. High tide is 11.12am on a 5.1, temp 12C and a 15mph WSW. As it is a little on the cool side and slightly blowy suggest layers of clothing. It is expected to be full sunshine for a couple of hours so Emsworth would be a good stop off for coffee and Welsh rarebit but we will decide on location on the day. One other note is I still have some real problems with my wrists esp. the right one so I may be very limited as to rowing capability and have to either cox or be passenger for most of the trip. I will know more on Tuesday following treatment previous day.
Please post your interest and look forward to seeing you all for what should be the only decent weather this week!!
Kind regards

Re: Mid week row

Timp
Dear Richard

I do hope to able to make this but will confirm later, kind regards. Tim

Re: Mid week row

Hi Richard,
I'm keeping an eye on the weather,hoping to join you in the bit of sunshine we may have this week.
Happy rowing.....Les.

Re: Mid week row

RichardThrift
Quick update on the weather for tomorrow's row.Full sunshine up to 1300hrs so no problem there. Temp 11 to 13c. Wind W to WSW 15mph increasing to 17.
So still think start at 9.30 for launch at 10. Going by today when over at Langstone there is plenty of water around. Still think Emsworth would be a goer however if the weather changes then we row round the harbour and stop at the Royal Oak on our return. If 9.30 is too early for some would consider meeting at 10am (as there is so much water around). Post me your thoughts then by tonight we make a decision.
RichardT
07831 440448
02393 111582

Re: Mid week row cancelled

RichardThrift
With the wind picking up during the morning and the lack of numbers to go rowing I think it is better to cancel this week's mid week row as the Teifi will get blown about too much and I would risk aggravating what is an annoying injury. Hope you understand Les & TimP.
Let's see what Saturday brings.
RichardT

Re: Mid week row

I'm a chronic early riser so I'll be there for 09.30.

Re: Mid week row

RichardThrift
Ah I see you sent a post at exactly the same time as mine so it may be worth a rethink on cancelling the row.
Tim has not yet posted confirmation so I think what would be best is to see what the weather is like in the morning and make a decision aroung 8.30am and hopefully we will have a crew.
Thanks Chris for your post
RichardT

Re: Mid week row

The wind is set to be a bit brisk. Let's look at Cambermet in the morning and decide then.

Re: Mid week row

Well it's reading F4 on Cambermet so I'm going for a row.

Re: Mid week row

Timp
See you there, sorry about the late confirmation but ipad was seized for a lack of interest in wallpaper offence!

Re: Mid week row

RichardThrift
Wow what a gorgeous morning it is, brilliant sunshine, clear blue skies and the wind is calmish after the thunderstorms last night so the good news is THE ROW IS ON and see you all at the mill at 9.30.
Take layers of clothing and SUNGLASSES.For those that cannot make it I may see you all on Saturday's row.
RichardT

Re: Mid week row

Thankyou everyone for a great outing a combination of surf, excursion, posh toast, tea, jam, white horses, sun, wind and of course the now compulsory pint and a chat.

Cheers

Tim