Mid week row

RichardThrift
As it is my turn to organise this week's mid week row I have done some homework on the weather and tides.
My suggestion would be meet at Langstone Mill on Monday July 1st at 17.30 hrs and row to Emsworth for a coffee and snack at the Bluebell allowing two and a half to three hours we would be back by 20.30 hrs in time for a chat and refreshment at the Royal Oak.

Alternatively we could go for a row for say one and a half hours to Emsworth and back starting at 6pm and finishing by 7.30 pm allowing time for refreshment at the Royal Oak afterwards. In retrospect I think this would be the better option.

So the information on weather/tides is as follows:-
This week the weather and high tide times are a little tricky.
Monday looks best with temp 19 degrees, WSW wind@13mph and high tide at 18.56hrs and the only day with sunny intervals
Tuesday is 15 degrees, SSW 12mph, light rain & cloudy, HT 19.54hrs
Wednesday 17 degrees, WSW 15mph cloudy HT 2055
Thursday 16 degrees, WSW 16mph Cloudy HT 21.52
Sunset is 21.15 hrs in all cases.

If the weather changes for the better later in the week I would be pleased to arrange another evening row and will keep you posted.

Please do let me know if you can make Monday's row.

With thanks

Richard Thrift

Re: Mid week row

Christine
Hi Rich, Marcus and I would like to come. The 6pm start is better for Marcus, but if the majority go for an earlier start he will be able to fit in I'm sure.

RE: Mid week row

RichardThrift
Thanks Chris, so far 6 people incl us so looks good. Will see how it goes then org start time.
Weather's nice isn't it.
Rich

Re: Mid week row

RichardThrift
Hi Christine, Looks good as we now have 6 people rowing this evening. Will advise best start time later -either 5.30 or 6pm--depending on responses. Thanks for your early reply, Rich

RE: Mid week row

RichardThrift
Hi Christine,
Plan is meet up at 5.30 for a row around Emsworth area and be back for 7.30 for a drink at the Royal Oak.
So you know Geoff Hewitt is coming and we have 8 people so far.
See you both soon. Call me if you want to discuss
Rich
01243 430485

Hi Rich, Marcus and I would like to come. The 6pm start is better for Marcus, but if the majority go for an earlier start he will be able to fit in I'm sure.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Mid-week-row-tp308p309.html
To unsubscribe from Mid week row, click here.

Re: Mid week row

RichardThrift
Concensus of opinion agreed. We will all meet at 5.30 tonight for a row around Emsworth aiming for a return at 7.30 and a drink at the Royal Oak afterwards. Anyone else wants to go for a row please do so. See you all there. Fabulous evening.