Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Thirty days hath September, and this Sept 30 looks like being the best weather this week so I propose an afternoon jaunt to the Bird Islands for another attempt to find the official landing spot for Afternoon Tea and Lardy Cake.
High water is 15.47 (4.4m), so let's meet at 14.00 at the boat park. Return at about 17.00.
Please bring flasks of tea (or preferred afternoon drinking fluid - we won't judge). I will bring a shop-bought lardy cake (he says, in a very unsubtle bid for someone to volunteer to produce a home-made one).

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Oh no Chris I would never set myself up in competition! I would love to join your row please, as always it sounds like an adventure :-) Can you delete my post please?

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Andrew B
Hi Chris,
Yes please x2 from Andrew & Debbie
Andrew

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Can you make lardy cake? I haven't a clue...

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Shellz
Me please! I have horrible blisters but am in post-exhilaration depression and need to get the endorphins flowing and have a larf.

Shel x

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Hi Chris Cheryl would like to come too please. I'm STILLLL at work. 37 working days to go, 57 actual days to go that equates to 8.1 weeks..

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Geoff
Sounds good to. See you at 1400. Geoff

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Andrew B
Chris - yes please for Jackie Tutt - she's too important to post for herself.
Andrew

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Teri Baker
Ohhhh ............. have a good row all - desperately in need of a rowing fix but Tuesday sees me stuck back in a class - room!     Would've even home made a lardy if I could've escaped!!  ....   :-(

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Grahaml
Tuesday, my best day, please put my name down. See you all at two.
Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 29, 2014, at 4:01 PM, Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thirty days hath September, and this Sept 30 looks like being the best weather this week so I propose an afternoon jaunt to the Bird Islands for another attempt to find the official landing spot for Afternoon Tea and Lardy Cake.
High water is 15.47 (4.4m), so let's meet at 14.00 at the boat park. Return at about 17.00.
Please bring flasks of tea (or preferred afternoon drinking fluid - we won't judge). I will bring a shop-bought lardy cake (he says, in a very unsubtle bid for someone to volunteer to produce a home-made one).

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Midweek-Row-Tuesday-Sept-30-tp2393.html

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Bother. Oh well, next time...

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Sorry but it seems that there is a clause in my contract relating to a minimum number of hours to be worked and after an excellent summer there is a bit of a deficit but I may make it for a swift half and tales of daring do at 5pm!

Cheers, Tim

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Sorry folks but I have gone down with a horrible bug and can't make it today, have a great row and enjoy the sunshine while I shiver and sulk :-(

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

sue Martin
Yes please, me too.
Sue

Re: Midweek Row Tuesday Sept 30

Shelley took these today. Perfect weather and great company!