Music for Christmas meal at royal oak. No room at the inn!

Music for Christmas meal at royal oak. No room at the inn!

Thank you for your replies.  We have had such a large number of members wishing to attend that we have decided to cancel the music and include more people. It would have been good to have had some dancing but also good to let as many members as possible join in. Apologies for those who were polishing their dancing shoes.  Sue and Claire.

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

michael
Sue, did I understand correctly that having a musician will divide the seating arrangement?
Michael

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Sue Loveridge
I think it will have to be divided anyway to give access to the bar.

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Mark Taylor
I know I will be classed as a grumpy old git, but won't the presence of music suppress the witty banter that occurs when the Cutters get together.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Steph Savill
Hi Sue

I am happy either way with or without music.
looking forward to it.
Steph

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Pam P
Happy to go with the majority either way

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Yes from me

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Jo Kingsbury
Happy to go with the majority Sue. I know it doesn't help much but happy either way.

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

I realise this comment might make me unpopular with some, and make me sound like I’m putting the cat amongst the pigeons (story of my life), but I say go for it and let’s introduce something new, as we’ve not had music before.

The band will be at the other end of the pub and away from those who want to talk anyway.
Having organised the last two Cutters Christmas dos, I think it’ll be nice to have music and dancing as a change from the norm. After all, a change from the old in moderation is roughly what I’m putting on and offering for this years Trafalgar night, and that’s been very popular indeed.

If we’re going to be an all inclusive club that wants to attract new and younger members to sustain our future, then we can’t just stick with the old norm. that’s just staid and old fashioned, we need to mix it up a little.
There are so many other times throughout the year to sit on a beach and talk, this is Christmas and should be about fun and being together.

I say go for it, a guy and his keyboard is hardly inviting in AC/DC and it’s only for one night. It will be really lovely to see us all laughing, singing, dancing and mixing together as the great club and friends that we all are.

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

michael
Matt, this is why we call you the “young one”. I understand the musician will be by the fireplace so we can choose to be as close or far as we like. So my vote is yes.
Michael

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Karen Bakovljev
Happy to ring the changes
Tim

Are AC/DC available😎

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Sue Loveridge
At a price!!!

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Dee
Hells Bells

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Always up for dancing 💃

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Gill
Have to get me tu tu out

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak.

Pam P
Well, earlier I wrote I was happy either way, but now Gill's said everyone's wearing tutus I'm voting on the side wanting music please.

Re: Music for Christmas meal at royal oak. No room at the inn!