Netley Regatta

Nikki
Thank you for letting me have a go,
I guess I was a little slow ,
To be fair - four miles - a long way to go,
Cheers to you all for a cracking ROW !

Re: Netley Regatta

Grahaml
Yes, a great day, many thanks to all the organizers
Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 14, 2014, at 10:31 PM, "Nikki  [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you for letting me have a go,
I guess I was a little slow ,
To be fair - four miles - a long way to go,
Cheers to you all for a cracking ROW !

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Netley-Regatta-tp1561.html

Re: Netley Regatta

Afloat!!! –and rowing in a new boat!
All the Gals, and a certain Guy
slogging it out under a Summer sky.
Determined, all, to give their best,
Measured their efforts,
            Maintained their rhythm
 – even tho’ behind the rest
were a true TEAM, with no sign of schism.
Job done!    All is well.
Safely beached in an uncertain swell
-still they tended to their boat.
Tended with care –unlike some other vessels there.
Checked the retrieved vessel sat on its trailer fair and square….
Truly a Team as they tackled Southampton Water’s ebb and flow
This surely must be a Team that will go  -  and go!

Re: Netley Regatta

Nikki
Very good !

Re: Netley Regatta

Teri Baker
Sign of an excellent day when everyone breaks out into poetry!    Thank you gentlemen for letting us come out to play.  May not have been with the front runners, but comments received show we rowed the (nearly) four miles with style AND  smiles - can't beat that!     Magic day - again , many thank yous.

Re: Netley Regatta

Alison and Kath took some great pics - there is a slideshow here: http://youtu.be/gAax2KL1SbM
(also available on the website!)
If anyone wants an individual shot, just drop me an email.

Re: Netley Regatta

RichardThrift
Hi Nikki
What was really good about our two and a half mile row--they said it was four!!--was the cameraderie of the crew and cox. We might not have won but we were the friendlist and happiest crew.
Liked your poem
Thanks for joining in the fun.
Richard Thrift

Re: Netley Regatta

Nikki
Jolly glad it was not four miles then ! It was really fantastic for me to get a go on my third rowing day . Totally bitten by the bug  - Richard you were a star !

Re: Netley Regatta

RichardThrift
Quite brilliant comment Nigel, I did not know you were the Poet Laureate in waiting. Thank you for being a truly excellent cox in what represented the true spirit of Langstone Cutters Rowing Club.

Re: Netley Regatta

RichardThrift
Hi Terri, Thanks for getting the crew together for our Netley Regatta "4 mile" race---it was a very good friendly crew and cox and considering two of the members had not ever rowed in a galley it was a jolly good show by all. Thanks for all your good comments on this forum

Re: Netley Regatta

CarolineWilson
Somewhat late...but just to say thanks to all for a great day and especially the galley row....fantastic.

Re: Netley Regatta

Grahaml
I would like some individual shots, but find it difficult to tell you which ones I want. Could I have all the cutter ones, is that possible? Thanks Graham.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 15, 2014, at 6:10 PM, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Alison and Kath took some great pics - there is a slideshow here: http://youtu.be/gAax2KL1SbM
(also available on the website!)
If anyone wants an individual shot, just drop me an email.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Netley-Regatta-tp1561p1568.html

Re: Netley Regatta

Rather than send individual images, I have stored them on a Dropbox file here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/968foep4cllyuuw/AABTjbvpZIUK-W1JJiFUygnwa
Enjoy!