New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 14:00

New Rowers Day Langstone Cutters Rowing Club Sunday 14th April

Dear rowers, this communication is going out to those who have volunteered to run this session within the membership of Langstone Cutters along with our guests who plan to come along and try out rowing. Some of our guests are friends of LCRC rowers, so please can I ask you to pass on this information to them:-

There are a large number of people who have expressed interest in attending this event, we hope you enjoy the chance to row and will consider joining our club.

To reduce time on the day, please can I ask each guest to print and complete our Club’s Waiver Form, attached to this email.

We launch the boats on the beach, so you will need to step into the water. Please wear wellies or wet shoes. Your clothing should be loose and comfortable layers with a wind-proof shell. You are welcome to wear a life jacket or buoyancy aid. The waiver form you sign, indicates you are undertaking rowing at your own risk.

We very much hope the rowing session takes place, but if the wind strength is too great or if there is torrential rain, the event may have to be cancelled. For Langstone Cutters members, I will announce any change on our Forum, and ask members to pass this on to any guests known to them. For other guest rowers, please contact me, Mark Taylor, on 0777 226 3299 for a decision in the late morning of Sunday 14 April if you need clarification.

We have a very large number of guests for this day, and as we can only row over the high tide times, it is necessary to stagger arrival  times,  so please could I ask guests to observe the following arrival times. (Feel free to arrive early, but I am trying to reduce the time spent waiting on the beach)

Please can the following visitors be on the beach and ready for 14:30:-
Paul Kennedy (Jo Kingsbury)
Colin Gordon (Wendy and Stephen)
Row Gordon  (Wendy and Stephen)
Amanda Marshal (Nigel Armstrong)
Karen Dale (Mark)
Vince Ibbs (Pam)
 Karen Doye  (Anne De P)
Line Paulsen - (Matt Oneil)
 Kerry Highgate (Claire)
 Roger Highgate (Claire)
Chris Waterhouse (Alan)
Elizabeth Beany (Mo)

Please can the following visitors be on the beach and ready for 15:30:-
Toni Treday (Mo)
Rob Henderson (Mo)
Chris Hill
Mary June Burkett
Lorraine
Caroline Fisk
John Stuart-Parker
Julia Rooker
Andrew Rooker
Stuart Catford
Stuart Catford’s Partner
Emma Reid

Please can the following visitors be on the beach and ready for 16:30:-
Dan Hill
Jennie Baker (Claire)
Chris McGuire(Anne Dp)
Susan Telford  (Geoff)
Kim (Sue L)
Anna Froud (Anne DP)
Sarah Sadler (Matt)
Jackie Harper (Matt)
Caroline Richardson (Jenny)
Tara Richardson  (Jenny)
Karen Acott

To Langstone Cutters Members, I do not have direct contact for the people listed above with your names in brackets, so please can you forward all this information to them, including the waiver form.

Please can we all be in the boat park from 14:00 to launch boats and have everything ready for shift No 1 of rowers at 14:30    Please can I ask those listed below to cox our five boats:-
Gladys - Frances
Mabel – Alan
Langstone Lady – Dave M
Sallyport – Richard H
SWeare Deep -Vernon

All other rowers who have volunteered to help, please take it in turns to sit in Stroke and Three, that way, we can get guest rowers seated at position One and Two so they can follow an experienced rower on their side of the boat.

If you are not rowing on a specific trip, please gather on the beach and help our guests to be seated in the boats, and adjust their foot positions etc.

It is important that with so many guests, we reduce faff to a minimum.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Matt O’Neill
Hi Mark,
I spoke to Lina and she says yes please, the date works for her.
Thanks very much for organising this.
Happy to be there to help on the day, if you need me to be.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Rich Beard
Hi Mark.
I will bring my sister in law on the day. If you need me to help more than happy

Rich

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Steph Savill
Hi Mark

I can help out

Steph

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Pam P
Happy to help on the day.  Please remove Jenny and add Vince Ibbs and Jos Cochrane as  wanting to try.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Anne3
Thanks Mark I have told Karen Doye but she is not yet sure if she can come. I hope to be able to help.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Claire Tomlinson
Hi Mark
Kerry and Rog are still keen to try out.
Thanks claire

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

john d. pearce
Hi Mark
Meet you on the beach.
John D.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Jo Kingsbury
Hi Mark, would you add Paul Kennedy back on the list please. Thank you. Jo

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Anne3
Hi again Mark - Judi yes but Gina no.  Anne

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Mike Ballard
I can help out . Regards, Mike

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Wendy and Stephen
Stephen and Wendy will be there to help and please may we add Colin and Row Gordon

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Would you please add Amanda Marshall to the list of new rowers Mark.
Many thanks
Nigel.
P.S. …and of course I will be there to help.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Vernon Seddon
I should be there to help Mark

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Mo Evans
Hi Mark, Rob, Elizabeth and Toni, are all keen to come along.  I will be there to help out if I can.

Mo

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Hi Mark ,I’ll help. Marilyn

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Lesley Grainger
Hi Mark,
I can help at the moment if needed

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Claire Tomlinson
Please can you add Jennie Baker.
She has done some rowing with Geoff at LSC
Thanks
Claire

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Geoffrey Shilling
Hi Mark Can you add Susan Telford to list. She has rowed with you in St Ayles skiff Geoff

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 14 April 15:00

Anne3
Hi Mark Please add Chris McGuire, he is a neighbour. Thanks, Anne
12