New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 10:30 (note change of time)

New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 10:30 (note change of time)

Dear rowers,
There is quite a lot of detail below, but if involved in this event, please read.

We need all FIVE large boats on the water, we have 22 prospective members attending. Although the event is published for 11:00. Please can all LCRC memebrs who are planning to support this arrive at  10:30 to get following boats ready and on the beach:-
Mabel
Gladys
Sallyport
Langstone Lady
Swaere Deep

Many of the prospective rowers are coming along from Emsworth Slipper Sailing Club, the intention is that some of them may join LCRC and row with us on excursions until their own newly ordered Celtic Longboat arrives in August.  If we make them feel welcome, many of them may remain as members with us.

With so many people turning up, we need to run a slick operation, I will be inviting the prospective rowers to turn up at staggered times so we don’t have too many visitors standing on the beach while all boats are out rowing.

I have allocated the following people to be principal trainers/coxes for each craft, the idea that we then put experienced rowers from Langstone in seats STROKE and THREE with novices at ONE and TWO. This way, the novices have an experienced oarsman ahead of them. Do not put novices in position THREE. Some people do this, meaning well, but it is very hard for them to look across the boat and follow STROKE.

Coxes
Gladys – Mark Taylor
Mabel – Frances Taylor
Swaere Deep – Liz W
Langstone Lady – Alan Harding
Sallyport – Chris Murray

Beach Master  John D Pearce
Responsible for quickly turning boats round, getting crews in and sending craft off.

Administrator - Colin McPhee
Will hold list of all guest rowers and their scheduled time of arrival. Need to ensure a valid waiver certificate has been completed. (Note, I have sent these out in advance  and asked all guests to complete and bring along waiver forms). Please witness sign each waiver form  you are given. This should reduce a lot of faff. I will supply Colin with a list of named guests.

Coxes Guidance for New Rowers
Experienced cox of each boat needs to do the following

1. Position experienced rowers at Stroke and Three with new rowers following an oar on their side at one and two.

2. Make sure all have correct feet positions.

3. Technique- encourage to push against foot board, use whole of upper body pivoting about the seat to lean as far forward as possible with arms straight and then catching into body at end of stroke.

4. Timing, -  encourage all to keep in time, try to get them to enter and leave water at same time as stroke. Emphasise that not just timing but need to push water with the blade.

5. When manoeuvring off  beach, just ask STROKE and THREE, the experienced rowers, to turn the boat.

New rowers who have expressed an interest in turning up are:-
Daniel Bedford,
David Libby
Claire Plimmer and Nic Clouting ESSC
Deborah May & Les May ESSC
Di Ashe ESSC
Iwona Defer ESSC
Sue Hiscock ESSC
Pam Palmer ESSC
Gemma Sharp ESSC
Diane Chelu
Donna Wood ESSC
Annie Morgan  ESSC
Ben Horsnell ESSC
Richard Ayling + 1 ESSC
Charles Ashe ESSC
Richard Munday ESSC
Richard Green ESSC
Dave Carey
Helen Bodington
------- CLOSED----------

Many thanks.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Wendy and Stephen
We will be there to help  - Stephen and Wendy

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

john d. pearce
Hi Mark
See you on the beach.
John D.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Steph Savill
Hi Mark

I will come along to help.
Steph

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Mo Evans
I can come along.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Grahaml
I will turn up. Be nice to see you all.

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Hi Mark, we (Ron and Cheryl) will be there to help 😀

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Mike Ballard
I’ll be there to help and will hopefully have a plus one new rower. Thanks, Mike

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Lynn Murray
Chris and I can help

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Susan Wagg
I will be there together with a prospective new rower Diane Chelu
Sue

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Dave & Josie
Hi Mark,
Really sorry we are away otherwise we’d have been there to help.

Best wishes - Dave and Josie

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Jo Kingsbury
I'll be there to help where I can. Jo

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

I will be there to help ...

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Julie A
I'll come along if I can be of help, may bring a new rower

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Heather Green
I will be there! Happy to help in anyway. Heather

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

BobbyClayton
Hope to be able to come along Mark

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

I’m in the area on this Sunday, so happy to come help with whatever’s needed…coxing, rowing, beach master etc etc

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

Pete Reed
Hi Mark
I will be there to help with whatever is needed
Pete

Re: New Rowers Day - Sunday 4 June 11:00

I can help.Marilyn
12