Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

I've always wanted to row by moonlight - people say it is a magical experience.
Conditions on Tuesday night are set to be perfect for paddling in the dark, with a clear sky, waxing gibbous moon and a gentle F2 breeze. High water is 18.25 (4.2m) which just happens to be exactly right for BEER at the Blue Bell, Emsworth.
Launch will be just after sunset at 16.30 at the boat park, returning by about 20.00. It will be chilly so lots of layers please, and bring a torch.

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

Mike Gilbert

Sounds cool to me!!

On 29 Dec 2014 09:22, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've always wanted to row by moonlight - people say it is a magical experience.
Conditions on Tuesday night are set to be perfect for paddling in the dark, with a clear sky, waxing gibbous moon and a gentle F2 breeze. High water is 18.25 (4.2m) which just happens to be exactly right for BEER at the Blue Bell, Emsworth.
Launch will be just after sunset at 16.30 at the boat park, returning by about 20.00. It will be chilly so lots of layers please, and bring a torch.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Night-Row-on-Tuesday-anyone-tp2883.html

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

Now there's an idea, a moonlit row🌌 at minus 5 degrees ❄️ Celsius, a pint of Doombar in Emsworth followed by a return trip, a pint of Royal Oak, peanuts and a warming fire. Oh yes please, Tim.🍻

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

Teri Baker
A "gibbous moon" eh????    ............. who could resist?      Yes please Chris.
Paddling in the dark IS magic - shouldn't just be the preserve of the SBS lads! Also I've got a box of glow sticks that I'll bring along so we can be really silly.... and well lit up!

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

Paul Bennett
Chris
An inspired idea. Please count me in.
regards

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

MARILYN
I am getting too old for this Tom foolery, so count me in .M

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

If I come too, does it make the numbers cr*p? Would like to join you but will stand down if we don't have sensible numbers for boats. Marion

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

Marion - I think Steve may be coming which would make it a galley and a Teifi so do come!

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

Marion
Thanks Chris - I will be there. Have been getting withdrawal symptoms!

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

Chris, yes please Coxing only c/o war wound oh and ale of course to promote healing! Cheers

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

Marcus and I will come too. Christine

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

Perfect, Doombar, peanuts, IPA and Saturn!

Re: Night Row on Tuesday, anyone?

Just thought I would say that I am still looking after my mother-in-law so couldn't escape but am so envious I fear I may actually be glowing green :-) So glad you enjoyed yourselves!