Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Dear MC800 Participant,

It has been a while since we were last in touch, so here is some further information for you.

Guidance Notes:
We hope you have all now read your guidance notes. We have certainly fielded a number of questions, so we have included these on the FAQ at http://www.thamesalive.org.uk/magnacarta/admin/.

Guidance Films:
We have put together a short film for each Relay Section. We strongly recommend that you take a few moments to review the film relevant to your Relay Section, which can also be found at http://www.thamesalive.org.uk/magnacarta/admin/.

Vital Information for Runnymede:
-          The Police are closing roads in the Runnymede area in preparation for the Monday event. Please check the latest traffic information regarding the Runnymede area before you travel.
-          For tow vehicles which need access to Runnymede Pleasure Ground, you must supply the following information to info@thamesalive.org.uk. You will then be sent a vehicle pass to print off and display in your vehicle:
o   MC800 RR Number (see ICI for details)
o   Vehicle Registration Number
o   Email Address for pass to be sent to
-          For crew transport vehicles which need access to Wraysbury School , you must supply the following information to info@thamesalive.org.uk. You will then be sent a vehicle pass to print off and display in your vehicle:
o   MC800 RR Number (see ICI for details)
o   Vehicle Registration Number
o   Email Address for pass to be sent to
-          Together with the MC800 flag, a complimentary MC 800 T-shirt and cap for the cox of your boat will be given out.
-          Additional T-shirts and caps are available from the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead website at £10 a set of cap and T-shirt.  To order go to http://tickets.windsor.gov.uk/Sales/books-guides-souvenirs/souvenirs. Add both a T-Shirt and a Hat to the online basket, and then use the code FLOTILLA15 for a participant discount (£10 in total).
-          Entry to the Runnymede Pleasure Ground is controlled. Wristbands for crews will be issued from Wraysbury Skiff and Punting Club, which will be accessible from the river bank.
-          Crew food and refreshments will be available all day (for a nominal cost) at Wraysbury Skiff and Punting Club
-

Other Information:
-          Fellow Participants in the River Relay – details of all the boats participating in the different sections of the event are available here: http://www.thamesalive.org.uk/magnacarta/admin/. Please look at the list if you wish to make contact with other crews known to you before the event
-          Picnics – please bring one to enjoy in your boat during the two days of the event. Stopping for refreshments during the River Relay is likely to mean that your boat will be left behind and hence will be out of the event
-          For boats stopping at Oakley Court –  when you arrive at Oakley Court, and while your crew transport driver is being taken to get the vehicle, you can relax on the lawns where a BBQ is being provided by the hotel. A discount voucher entitles crews to a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) and burger/hot dog and salad for just £5. There will be a vegetarian option too

We very much look forward to seeing you on the water on the 13th and 14th June!

With best wishes,

Thames Alive

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Andy Mac
Hi Chris,
I see that we have two galleys, Bembridge and Sallyport in escort one and Langstone Lady in escort four.
Is there any chance of me being in escort one which starts near to Longridge activity center which is where I am camping? Purely thinking of accessability and parking etc.
Thanks, Best

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Andrew B
Further to Andy's comment , Debbie B, myslef, and Alison are tenting at the same place as Andy.
Andrew

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Hi Andrew - I'm sure we can arrange things for maximum convenience of everyone, but I am rowing down the Thames next week and won't be in touch much. Let's talk when I get back.
The order for the caps is in and they should be delivered in a week or so.

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Am I missing some messages?  How do you know our ICI number and which group we are in ? I hadn't even seen the guidance notes until this missive, and I can't see any listing of vessels in them. I've also not heard back about my offer to tow the double trailer -I'll need an answer on that soon as it will affect my overnighting arrangements.    ********EDIT I have now got active links in these guidance docs and a list of the vessels has magically appeared.......even when I printed out the original guidance docs no links or lists appeared......must be another router glitch!!!

I'd appreciate any info anyone has....
Cheers
Nigel.

P.S. I've been having BT Hub problems yesterday and today (hopefully sorted now) and not been able to access the internet until this afternoon, - so apologies to Andy Mac for not replying to his query to me on Nabble. I arrived this morning and found no rowers there, so got on with some gardening.....

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Enjoy your row Chris and thanks for doing all the organizing. No hurries, no worries. Have a good peaceful enjoyable time on the Thames.

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Frances
Hello All, just in case anyone else wants to camp together, Mark and I have just booked in at Longridge Activity Centre, Marlow tel 0330 303 0101,  for 2 nights, Fri and Sat, on their enclosure number 16, which is aparently near to facilities and a cafe., It's only £6 per person per night.

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Andrew B
So camping at Longridge names to-date are :

Nigel
Andrew B
Debbie
Mark

Are there any others ? Nigel was trying to find out.

I don't think there's much room left as we are 'on the island' and have to row to it, and I booked ages ago.
Andrew

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Andrew B
Sorry I missed off Alison....

So camping at Longridge names to-date are : SEVEN

Nigel
Andrew B
Debbie
Mark
ALISON

Are there any others ? Nigel was trying to find out.

I don't think there's much room left as we are 'on the island' and have to row to it, and I booked ages ago.
Andrew
Andrew

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Jenny

Hi

Me and Dave are staying at Aberden Caravan and camping Park, Dorney Reach Taplow. Fri and Sat night.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Andrew B [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

Sorry I missed off Alison....

So camping at Longridge names to-date are : SEVEN

Nigel
Andrew B
Debbie
Mark
ALISON

Are there any others ? Nigel was trying to find out.

I don't think there's much room left as we are 'on the island' and have to row to it, and I booked ages ago.
Andrew
Andrew

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Official-guidance-for-the-Magna-Carta-Relay-please-read-tp4221p4298.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Aberdeen ? Aren't you coming to MC then ?
Andrew

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Jenny

Oops Aberden

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Official-guidance-for-the-Magna-Carta-Relay-please-read-tp4221p4300.html

There is a small ferry to shuttle us and the gear out to the island but no porta loos according to reception.

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Andrew B
It is with deep sadness that I refer you to Andrew's camping tips, 1,and 2 on Daphne Dog's facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009104010083

on14th MAy

1.
Here as a starter is Dad's CAMPING TIP No 1:

Why waste money on expensive accessories such as this,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/…/Unisex-Portable-Urina…/311033676161…

When a plastic milk bottle will do just as well.

2. Oh yes, and here is DAPHNE's camping tip no 2 to read AFTER Dad's camping tip No 1

Errm - when making tea in the morning Dad - make sure you use the right 'milk' bottle won't you. Well it was a bit dark and gloomy. Doh.

Andrew

Re: Official guidance for the Magna Carta Relay - please read

Hi all ,
Back from France Friday ,camping out at my daughters ,hope to meet you at Hurley or somewhere on route ,
Chris please advise I will try to pick up my E mails while in France but it's a bit sparse on wifi, Where we are.
All the best god save the king (John ) .... Les ..... 🚣