PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

Latest status on Event as of Friday 21.00:-
I have received no notification that anything has changed regarding Saturday plans.  So all is going as planned. Please can Keith,  Phil and matt who are going to Itchenor,  meet us near the harbour office at the end of the  main street in the village.  We should arrive with boat about 9.30. We will need your help to get boat off trailer.

 Jane and Mark have loaded Sweare Deep onto trailer and rigged up ready to tow. The cover is on to minimise any rain ingress overnight. Please can Vernon, Chris M, Nigel meet us at 08:45 Saturday to push trailer out of boat park on to Jane's Land Rover. We will Meet Phil, Keith, Frances and Matt at Itchenor.

The weather forecast for Saturday is SW winds gusting up to 30 mph. I am in contact with Chris Blevins, the organiser  and will post here if there is any change of plan.

PLEASE CAN YOU ALL READ THIS POST AND EMAIL CHRIS BLEVINS (BELOW) WITH YOUR INPUT

The following have signed up for this event. There is no problem with others signing up, but THEY MUST email their preferences as below:-

Those currently signed up are
Jane
Mark
Nigel
Vernon
Phil P
Chris M
Matt
Keith
Frances

Jane has kindly offered to tow SWEARE DEEP by road to Itchenor. We will prepare the trailer for towing on Friday.
Saturday Timetable
08:45 Meet Langtone to move Sweare Deep on to car and arrange shared lifts (if wanted)
09:30 Arrive Itchenor Hard, Launch s Sweare Deep, park car and trailer in Public car Park
09:45 Row Sweare Deep up to North Jetty at Itchenor Sailing Club
10:00 Meet other Rowers
10:30 Crew Briefing

We can row as LCRC crews or mix and match with other rowers. The aim of the day is to have fun

The following is what I have received from Itchenor:-

We will be running races from our new club jetty. We will have a 10-30am briefing then 4 or 5 short races  (25 min each )  starting around noon. We will be competing as teams in a variety of boats (Coastal Quads, Solent Galleys, Celtic Longboats and Gigs) and hope to have between 12 and 15 boats taking part, including ISC’s three boats and others from across the harbour and farther afield.

Coffee and Bacon baps will be available from the Buttery at 9.30am and as the day progresses the bar will open and soup and light lunches will be available followed by tea. We are running the racing from the jetty to allow those not racing to meet other competitors and enjoy the club facilities

There is a booking slot available on the club website. If you would like to join us on Saturday can you please book in on the website AND reply all to this E- mail with answers to the following questions:

LCRC INDIVIDULAS, PLEASE EMAIL CHRIS BLEVINS jcsblevins@googlemail.com WITH ANSWERS TO FOLLOWING - THEN POST HERE ON THIS FORUM POST TO SAY YOU HAVE DONE SO
    In which Club are you rowing ?
    Do you wish to participate as a rower ? YES / NO
    Do you wish to participate as a  cox ? YES / NO
    Are you happy to row sliding seat boats (Coastal Quads) YES / NO
    Are you qualified and happy to cox one or more of the races ? YES / NO
    Are you prepared to help with administration on the day (whether you are participating as a rower or not) ? YES / NO

We are also very happy to have entries as complete crews if there is a group you would like to row with. If this is the case please organise your crew (4 plus a cox). Get your fellow crew members to sign up via the club website (Coxes are available if you need one). Nominate a crew leader and reply to this E-mail with full names and contact details of the entire crew.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

nigel
Have emailed Chris Blevins with reply.
Am happy to row or cox with any of our party, or other participants.

Jane, please send me an email (I haven't got your email, and nabble email doesn't work for me) re the towing.

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

Phil P
All done .
Could I meet you at Itchenor please .
Phil

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

Mark Taylor
Yes Phil,  meeting at itchenor makes more sense for you.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

Vernon Seddon
All done

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

Chris Murray
Thanks Mark - all done. Chris

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

Thanks Mark, all done.

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

JaneDavy
All done- thanks

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

KeithY
All done in answering questions.
Ill need to meet in Itchenor though due to an 8.00 committment I already have.

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

Mark Taylor
See you at itchenor Keith.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

Hi Mark,
As I live in Chichester, it makes more sense for me to meet you all at Itchenor too please.
See you around 9:30.
Thanks,

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

Mark Taylor
Matt, makes sense if you go direct from Chi.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: PLEASE READ if signed up for Itchenor Rowing event - Sat 15 October

WE ARE GO FOR TODAY,
Winds are F5 gusting F6 through the day, with a likely peak during races B and C ( around midday), so bring a windproof and headgear!