Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1600

Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1600

The largest ship ever to enter Portsmouth Harbour is due to visit on Friday, arriving early in the morning and departing around 1900. She is the German cruise liner Mein Schiff and she is 295m long. Let's go and see her leave.
Here's the plan...
1600 Meet at the boat park and load boat(s) onto trailer(s).
1700 Leave for Hardway (Gosport)
1800 Launch at Hardway
2000 Recover Hardway
2100 Return Langstone.

Of course, as of today we have no boats or trailers and we will need someone to tow. Let's hope all three emarge...

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

Joan
Yes please for me and a lift if possible.  Joan

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

We are just coming into Portsmouth Harbour in the ferry with all the boats. Would you like us to leave some of them on trailers for you? Any preference?

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

Could you leave Sallyport on her trailer!

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

john d. pearce
Hi Chris
Yes please. Sham it's not cruiser!
John D.

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

James Griffin
Yes please
i can tow

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

len buckle
yes for me cheers len

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

len buckle
sorry    got wrong day see you another day

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

Dave & Josie
Hi,
I’d love to do this if you think it would be suitable? Can give a lift if needed as long as I know where I’m going!

Thanks, Josie

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

Hi Josie,
This is not going to be a hard row and I think you will be fine. See you there!

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

Dave & Josie
Thanks Chris!

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

Yes please if there is room for another plus lift would be good, but understand if there is not!  Will watch this space…..

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

Julie A
Hi Chris,
Is there room for another one?

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

Hi Julie, we will need a few more takers before we can put on another boat but you are first reserve .

It has to be said that wind speeds predicted for tomorrow are a little concerning. I will post this evening with an upalate.

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

Julie A
Hi Chris,
Don't worry, I've signed up to the Ferryboat row on Sat so if there's still room I'll do that one instead.
Thanks,
Julie

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

The wind forecast has calmed down a bit and it will be sunny so we are good to go, I hope. See you all at the boat park.

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

Dave & Josie
Hi Chris
Can I just check the meet time at the boatyard?

I can take up to 3 people but will need directions.

Thanks - Josie

Re: Portsmouth Harbour row Friday May 26 meet 1500

We meet at 1600. See you there!

Ps don't know why the leader said 1500... sorry about that