Rachel rudder pin missing

michael
Rachel, the pin is missing from the rudder of Sweare Deep, we steered with a paddle. I do not know how Pocahontas did it but probably not the way we did. The scratch on the port bow caused by hitting the post during launching at the Hamble, will need sealing as it is through the gel coat. She is a nice light boat for recovering up the ramp with just the one boat crew.

Re: Rachel rudder pin missing

Hi Michael,
            I was last to leave the boatpark on Saturday because I went back to replace Sweare Deep's cox's seat which was in my van. When I did that the pin was definitely there. Was it missing when you took the cover off ? It can't have fallen off because the pin which holds it in place was still done up. I am totally puzzled by this.

Geoff is aware of the mark and will sort it out. I was unaware that a post was hit during launch?

Re: Rachel rudder pin missing

michael
Rachel, definitely missing when uncovered, the shackle was undone.

Re: Rachel rudder pin missing

Weird. Who would steal a rudder pin?

Re: Rachel rudder pin missing

Geoff has kindly offered to make a replacement for the weekend and I will order one from Dale Marine too for backup.

Re: Rachel rudder pin missing etc

Geoff Shilling
The start of the missing pin started when somebody undid it from my effort to make it secure, or make it child proof. There is no need to take the pin off when traveling. It won’t jump out as it’s heavy.
It is much better to tie all the kit in the boats when traveling. They will then end back home with it in the boat.
The second gripe is the cover on lady which did not have the support in place. It was full of water to day. Straining the straps too breaking point.
I have spent years traveling with boats in my working life. So please do what I tell you and all will be well. If any body has an issue please discuss it with me. Geoff