Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Hi all,
      There is a Round Hayling event starting from HISC on 25th September which sounds like fun and a good opportunity for those that would like to row round the island but not in a race. This is still a long row but we would plan boats of six to enable people to rest or cox for part of the time.

If you would like to take part please post below

The following people have already asked for a more leisurely row round Hayling. Please could you also post to confirm you would like to take part on this date

Alan Harding
Mo
Sue Wagg
Claire T
James G
John D
Alison B
Matt
Bev

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

I'd like to do the leisurely row on the 25th as well as the 5th Sept row, if that fits in with crew numbers.

I presume, and would prefer, that Clayton's were used for this row, not only on safety grounds but handling and adaptability of use. This may be especially pertinent at the tail end of the summer season weather and autumnal equinox tides.

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Alison b
Hi Rachel
Sounds like a great event but unfortunately I can't make this date

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Claire Tomlinson
Yes I’d like to do it

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

MartinS
Rachel, would love to do this as I cannot make the 5 September - if there is a crew that wants to row hard (it's always a race isn't it?)  in a galley or SD I would like to be in that boat please.

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

JaneDavy
Yes please, would love to do this - thanks Jane

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

john d. pearce
Hi Rachel
Just to confirm this row
regards
John D.

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Joan
I would love to take part if possible please. Thanks.

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

James Griffin
I cannot do this row now

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Susan Wagg
Please can I withdraw from this row.it looks great fun and as much as I would love to be able to do it, I don’t believe I am fit enough.
Maybe next year 😊

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

john d. pearce
Hi Rachel
Sorry but I have to drop out of this one
Regards
John D.

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Mo Evans
I'm still in please Rachel.  Thanks, Mo
Bev

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Bev
Rachel I am going to pull out, after Thursday worried about hips. Bev.

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

OK Bev  hope you didn't suffer too much after that row!
Rachel
Bev

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Bev
No I didn't. As its a long row worried that I might end up passenger more than participant, next year.

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Alison b
Am now able to make this date for the Round Hayling Event so if there are any spaces in a boat please let me know.
Many thanks
Alison

Is there a the plan for getting Sweare Deep to the start at HISC? Or are we going to row the extra distance?

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Alan Harding
Hi Martin/crew

Initial thoughts are to tow her there in the morning.
We can finalise plans at todays practise.

Regards,

Alan

Re: Round Hayling Event - Sat 25th Sept

Alan Harding
Hi ,

Final crew for the event:

Jane
Claire
Mo
Martin
Matt
Alan

We will be using SWeare Deep
Meeting ay 9.00am and towing her to HISC for the event.

Regards,
Alan