Round Hayling Race Update

The crews for the Round Hayling Race now look like this:

Bembridge: Tim, Colin, Ian, Errol, Steve (and possibly Paul).
Sallyport: Marcus, Nigel, Andy, Teri, Lou, Marilyn.
Mabel: Richard, Mark, Alan, Sue, Dawn, Jenny.

On Sunday, please be at THE MILL by 11.00 so we can get the boats ready as soon as there is enough water. The coxswains' briefing is at 12.00 and the start is at 13.00.

After the race, we will return immediately to the Mill to get the boats out, then off to the Marina.

Re: Round Hayling Race Update

June ekberg
Hi Chris, as per email, not me.  Thanks. June

Re: Round Hayling Race Update

Sorry June...memory going...I've amended the list.

Re: Round Hayling Race Update

KateM
Hi Chris
Sorry but I have Saturday morning surgery to do until 10.45. I could possibly get to Lanstone by 11.15 and have a quick outing until 12 but you may want to get out earlier with another crew. I'm fine for rowing all day Sunday
Kate

Re: Round Hayling Race Update

Hi Kate
It seems that getting a full crew together before Sunday is not going to be possible - everyone has stuff to do. So we shall just have to get together on the day and do our best!

Re: Round Hayling Race Update

KateM
Hi Chris
Ok see you at 11 on Sunday. Do you keep mobile numbers or just use the forum for any last minute changes to plans?  Kate

Re: Round Hayling Race Update

Thanks Kate.
Last minute changes to plans are always bad, and I personally always try to make sure that any decision to cancel is made the night before and posted on the forum. Having said that, everyone having everyone's mobile number is obviously good, for boat to boat communications as well.

Re: Round Hayling Race Update

Teri
Apologies Chris - looks like I'm going to be driving a barbeque over at the Gig club regatta from 8 onwards on Saturday ............... could at least guarantee egg banjos for anyone moving galleys?

Re: Round Hayling Race Update

As mentioned in the Saturday thread, the double trailer is inaccessible for the weekend so we will be rowing out from the Mill. The upside of this is that we don't have to load up the boats and trailer them back afterwards. We will, however, have to return immediately after the race while there is still enough water.

Re: Round Hayling Race Update

Chris, ECA and the Gig Club are rowers short for Sunday ... Who is missing a row from the Cutters?

On 28 Jun 2015 17:41, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The crews for the Round Hayling Race now look like this:

Bembridge: Tim, Colin, Ian, Errol, Steve (and possibly Paul).
Langstone Lady: Christine, Rachel, Victoria, Claudia, Kate, me (cox)
Sallyport: Marcus, June, Nigel, Andy, Teri, Lou.
Mabel: Richard, Mark, Alan, Sue, Dawn, Jenny.

First thing on Saturday we need to get the galleys round to Northney for the weekend, where they will stay overnight on the work pontoon in the marina, so could as many as possible meet in the boat park at 08.00. After getting the boats in water Langstone Lady will be going for a training row and if the other galleys want to come too that would be a jolly good idea. We have to return by 12.00 at the latest to take the non-gigs on an excursion to Emsworth (there is another post on that).

On Sunday, please be at the marina by 11.00. The coxswains' briefing is at 12.00 and the start is at 13.00.
After the race, we need to get the boats back on the trailers. I suggest this is best done as soon as we have got our breath back from the race, while there are still lots of people round the slipway that can give a hand.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Round-Hayling-Race-Update-tp4559.html