Round Hayling Race and Extra Mugs...

Mike Gilbert
Dear Cutters, On Sunday we had a record 12 boats turn up for the Round Hayling Race 6 x Gigs from Langstone (2), Weymouth (2), Swanage and Portland; boats from Richmond Bridge Rowing Club; Lower Thames Rowing Club and 4 from Langstone Cutters Rowing Club.  The perfect weather, meant a trouble-free event.

The first three boats home were Weymouth in Tristan (Winner Overall and Vets); Langstone Cutters Rowing Club in Bembridge and Lower Thames Rowing Club in Spirit of Trafalgar.

Fastest Ladies was Portland in Pulpit Rock, second Langstone Cutters Gig Club in Spirit of Langstone and Langstone Cutters Rowing Club third in Langstone Lady.

The Sportsman's Trophy went to Richmond Bridge Boat Club in Albatross - a lovely wooden boat rowed with determination and perseverance - also sporting the best flag of the day! Next year all the boats will be asked asked to fly a flag!

Some special thanks to Robina for registering the rowers on Sunday; Alan Bridle for spending another day in his boat and James for the support of the Katriona; Brian for being a masterly Beachmaster; Les Plater for keeping track of the start and finish times and Colin & Brian again for rounding off the event so well. Kath took lots of pictures again so look out for the link for these.

The 'free beer' was very much appreciated on Sunday afternoon - great idea Brian and Alan Robinson...

We found the mislaid Trophies so Portland will get the Ladies trophy sent on; and the Vets trophy to Weymouth and the Sportsman Trophy will go to Richmond Bridge Rowing Club when I am up there next week..

I have also ordered more Mugs so please let me know if you did not get one on Sunday for Rowing Round Hayling and I will put one aside for you....

Re: Round Hayling Race and Extra Mugs...

And many, many thanks to you Mike for organising the event and most generously sponsoring it. Those mugs are just right for prosecco...

Re: Round Hayling Race and Extra Mugs...

Alan Harding
Hi Mike,
Really to echo what Chris said. Huge thanks for all your hard work and energy for the club. If there is a spare mug, I would certainly enjoy a good tea from it with lasting thoughts of yesterdays row.
Thanks again.
Alan

Re: Round Hayling Race and Extra Mugs...

Mike Gilbert
....thank you guys.... means a lot... Additional mugs are on order...

On 30 June 2014 19:37, Alan Harding [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mike,
Really to echo what Chris said. Huge thanks for all your hard work and energy for the club. If there is a spare mug, I would certainly enjoy a good tea from it with lasting thoughts of yesterdays row.
Thanks again.
Alan

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Round-Hayling-Race-and-Extra-Mugs-tp1666p1668.html

Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

Re: Round Hayling Race and Extra Mugs...

Rachel Norris
Just wanted to add the thanks of the ladies crew! Thanks for accompanying us down Langstone harbour we appreciated having another boat in sight :-) We had a great time and I'd do it all again tomorrow if only I could move.

Re: Round Hayling Race and Extra Mugs...

Mike Gilbert
...your welcome.... thank you for pestering me so politely....

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Round-Hayling-Race-and-Extra-Mugs-tp1666p1670.html

Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

Re: Round Hayling Race and Extra Mugs...

Hi Mike.
Yes.Thanks for a great weekend,and to all the other people that helped to make it go with a swing!
Does anybody else ache a bit this morning?
Once again.....thanks.....Les...

Re: Round Hayling Race and Extra Mugs...

Can I add my thanks too. A lot of hard work from a lot of people but much appreciated xx