Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

RichardH
This post was updated on .
Hi

The Round Hayling Row will be on 5th September and as a club we can enter our claydons, galleys and celtic longboat.   If you would like to be part of a Round Hayling crew, please post by the end of Sunday 1st August, expressing your preference for type of boat and whether you would like to be part of a crew who is racing or just wants to row round the island.  The committee will then place people into crews for the race.  In the event of it being too windy on the day, the race will be modified  from Northney to the Mulberry Harbour and back.

We can only accept individual bookings and cannot accept a team entry.   The idea is that there will be 6 people in each boat so everyone gets a chance to row for aprox 40+ minutes before having a 20+ minute stint as either cox or passenger.

cheers
Richard on behalf of the committee

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Alan Harding
Hi Richard,

Yes please for a "leisurely" round Island!
Any boat.

Thanks,

Alan

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Karen Bakovljev
Yes please. Just a row around the island. Happy in any boat competitive or leisure

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Mo Evans
Yes please Richard, I'd also like a leisurely row round the island, and I don't mind which boat I row in.  Mo

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Susan Wagg
Please could I be included for a leisurely row. Thanks Sue

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Claire Tomlinson
Yes please for leisure row, preferably in a galley.

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

James Griffin
yes please for a leisurely row

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Les Goodall
Yes please.
Well some has to make a race of it 😁

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

john d. pearce
Hi Richard
Yes please.  Any boat as long as it is non-competitive.
John D.
(aka the very ancient mariner)

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Alison b
Yes please for a leisurely row round the island.
Many thanks

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Richard, We are putting together our GRR crew or at least all those that are fit and well. So far that is Marilyn, Lesley, Tom and myself and would like a galley if possible, preferably Langston Lady. Thanks Michael

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Phil P
Yes please
Something competitive
Phil
Bev

Yes please, gentle row with change of rowers to help the less experienced me. Bev

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

RichardH
Hi Michael

i am afraid that we are only accepting individual entries and the committee will put people into teams according to stated preferences.   Also we cannot take bookings for a specific boat as this is unfair on everyone else as I am sure that there may be a preference for galleys.    Perhaps if each person posts individually we can ensure that they are allocated to an appropriate team to take part.   Sorry but with only 30 seats available it has to be a committee decision of who rows in which boat.

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

michael
Richard, Thanks, I fully understand, I had not realised the way it was being organised, we shall all post individually. Michael

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Tessa Collings
I would like to do a leisurely row around the island. Any boat. Tessa

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Tom Bennett
Add me in please.

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Yes please from Lesley and Michael

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

A place for me, please, Richard.
Would prefer a Clayton,
 and would prefer to get to the finish ahead of Phil and Les,
 but in a non-competitive way!
   In other words I don't mind whether I row in a competitive or non-competitive crew!!!

Re: Round Hayling Row - Sunday 5th September

Tessa Collings
Sorry but I am no longer able to do the round Hayling race due to other family commitments. Tessa
12