Round isle of Wight ladies

Mike Gilbert

...good to report that the girls cracked the Island today in 9hrs 46min 07 sec Bembridge to Bembridge in Bembridge.. a record (previous 10hrs 20min)!

Mike Gilbert
Langstone Adventure Rowing
www.langstonerowing.co.uk
m 07767 350512

Re: Round isle of Wight ladies

Mike sent this pic of the girls rounding the Needles in perfect rowing conditions.

Re: Round isle of Wight ladies

Elaine
Well done to all on the IOW row - and for setting up a new challenge to go for!!!!!

Re: Round isle of Wight ladies

Congratulations, really well done and what a beautiful day for it.

Re: Round isle of Wight ladies

Teri Baker
Huzzah and well done!

Re: Round isle of Wight ladies

Nicky Clayton
Hey! Go girls great photo ....!!

Re: Round isle of Wight ladies

Shellz
Thank you all.  It was a tremendous day.  We loved the first bit to the Needles, hated the slog to St Katherines (boring, never looked like we were making progress and hot, hot, hot!), but once round we realised we were on the home straight and decided to go for it.

The last two hours were the most exciting bit of rowing I have ever taken part in. We all wanted the record and we wanted to take as much off it as we could. The finish line was a phenomenal feeling.

Shel :)

Re: Round isle of Wight ladies

alison kidd
Flippin marvellous, fantastic achievement everyone. Alison

Re: Round isle of Wight ladies

KATHRYN LAND
It was definitely an amazing row for Langstone Cutters and Southsea Rowing club. Wow! To move from sliding seat to galley rowing was a real weird feeling, but I think it would be weird the other way round now! Thank you all for the support and use of the boats. If there any more challenges, then keep us posted..now that the bum hurts less :-) hope not to see St Catherine point for some time...unless I am on a speed boat.