Rowing Weekend

We do not now have a crew for the Saturday excursion row so it is CANCELLED.
On Sunday, Langstone Lady does not have a full crew  and so has had to scratch. This is a huge pity as I think we had a strong crew.
Bembridge, Sallyport and Mabel crews, you will have to make their own arrangements - you need to be at the start line at 12.00.
My sincere apologies to all who wanted to row but now can't.

Re: Rowing Weekend

Andy Mac
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the update and instructions.

Taking into account that Sunday high water is not until approximately 15.00 and that we have to be over at Northney before mid day on Sunday, I am assuming that we will need to take the boats across on Saturday, as there won't be sufficient water or time on Sunday, to launch the boats and row them across for the Coxwains noon briefing?

That being the case, will we be meeting at The Mill around 12.00 mid day Saturday to move the boats across to the work pontoon at Northney? HW is approx 14.15

I am assuming that Marcus will be Sallyport skipper and I will give you a call on Thursday Marcus. I can be available to help move one or more boats on Saturday if we are short handed and need to launch, row , walk back, launch, row etc?

Got to dash to London now, my daughter went into labour a couple of hours ago. Best Andy

Re: Rowing Weekend

PS
Be back down to Arundel from the birth of our first grandchild by Friday.
If we need to talk or plan, please call anytime on 07407 734609
Tks .Best

Re: Rowing Weekend

KateM
Thanks Chris as we said before that is a shame but obviously wasn't meant to be. Perhaps there will be other events to enter. See you on another excursion row. Kate

Re: Rowing Weekend

Re: galley shifting.      I would still be available to help move galleys to Northney at 11.00 on Saturday, but am still committed to rowing from Northney at 12.00 that day, so can't help over at the Mill at the same time. There should be just about enough water at 11.00 (3.0 metres) so could e.g. Sallyport be moved at the earlier time?

P.S. Chris, I agree with you that it is a great shame that the excursion row for LCRC has had to be scrapped!

Re: Rowing Weekend

Hi Nigel,

Baby panic sorted. We now have our first grand child. An 8lb 8oz baby girl.

If you reckon that we can launch Sallyport 3 x hours before high water on Saturday, I will be guided by you, being a newbie, although I would have thought that we will struggle for water that early even though its a big tide?

Any which way, we can get everything ready and launch at the earliest opportunity and it shouldnt take too long to row across to Northney and moor up.

Chris has done all the hard work planning and organizing the crews etc, so all that we have to do is row the boats over on Saturday and back again immediately after the race has finished by 16.30 to be on the safe side.

How does that work for everyone else? Oh and we need a FLAG?
Marcus, Teri, Lou, Marilyn.
Best

Re: Rowing Weekend

Andrew B
Hi Andy,

Congratulation on becoming Grandparents.

Please talk to Chris Partridge before trying to organise everyone for a row to Northney.
The waters will be very crowded over the Saturday with the gig regatta, which has a course 'round the mud islands ' and the marina workboat pontoon is booked out for the visiting gigs so will not be available.

Chris is aware of all the plans and limitations.

There is also the raft race

Best wishes

Andrew
Andrew

Re: Rowing Weekend

Andy Mac
Hi Andrew

Many thanks for that.

Will do.

Best

Re: Rowing Weekend

...although the work pontoon is booked Saturday for ribs and gig boats; there is no restriction on using the Marina by the Cutters on Friday or Saturday as I suspect the visiting Gigs will put their boats on trailers.

I will pick up the bill if there is one...

On 2 Jul 2015 17:38, "Andy Mac [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nigel,

Baby panic sorted. We now have our first grand child. An 8lb 8oz baby girl.

If you reckon that we can launch Sallyport 3 x hours before high water on Saturday, I will be guided by you, being a newbie, although I would have thought that we will struggle for water that early even though its a big tide?

Any which way, we can get everything ready and launch at the earliest opportunity and it shouldnt take too long to row across to Northney and moor up.

Chris has done all the hard work planning and organizing the crews etc, so all that we have to do is row the boats over on Saturday and back again immediately after the race has finished by 16.30 to be on the safe side.

How does that work for everyone else? Oh and we need a FLAG?
Marcus, Teri, Lou, Marilyn.
Best

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Rowing-Weekend-tp4608p4620.html

Re: Rowing Weekend

Hi All

Current plan for Bembridge on Sunday is to send one person ahead for briefing etc and then the remainder of the crew to paddle over once there is enough water pick up briefed person and get ready to go! If this plan needs to change for any reason please let me know.

Cheers

Tim

Re: Rowing Weekend

ron and cheryl
Will someone please clarify what's going on?? After the row today, a discussion between Mike and Rachel suggested that the cutters boats could be towed over to Northney by Mike tomorrow (Friday) and that a Saturday row to Eastney was still on to mingle with other clubs. Cheryl and I are available to assist on Friday and Saturday, where are we needed and when. Cheers ~ Ron and Cheryl

Re: Rowing Weekend

Many thanks for that Mike.

What do we plan on doing please team Sallyport?

We have two viable options.

1) Meet 11.00 Saturday and row over and moor overnight at Northney.
2) Meet 11.00 Sunday and wait for water while one goes ahead for briefing, although Chris's instructions are to be at the start line by 12.00

Some feed back, contact, critique or similar would be greatly appreciated?