Rowing weekend Itchenor - 23rd/24th October

Rowing weekend Itchenor - 23rd/24th October

Hi all,
       The club has been invited to take part in a rowing event at the Itchenor Sailing Club on the weekend of 23rd/24th October. It looks like a really good opportunity to meet up with other local clubs and it would be great to take at least one Galley and the Celtic. The invitation and description of the event are below. Please sign up and say whether you are interested in the Saturday and/or Sunday. If you would like to book the Friday supper please do that directly.

Rachel

Programme for the Rowing Weekend:
Fri 22nd Rowing Supper 7pm. Please book online: https://www.itchenorsc.co.uk/event/617835
It is possible to stay overnight in the rooms at the club for the rowing. Please contact Kay or Caroline to book your room at members rate. Phone 01243 512400

Sat 23rd Rowing Races in Quads, Galleys, Celtics, St Ayles and Gigs. A series of short races are planned in the Gallon Reach Itchenor over high tide and run off the Itchenor shore.
From 8.30 Breakfast available
9.30 Competitor briefing and registration in ISC members room. There is a charge of £10 per competitor for the weekend payable at registration.
10.30 Launch boats and move to the Race Area.
11.30 to 14.30 short races for all boat types
From 15.00 Lunch and bar available at ISC. Supper is also available for those who wish to book in.

Sun 24th Rowing Weekend BYO Picnic trip to East Head
From 8.30 Breakfast available
10.00 Crew Briefing for course
10.30 Launch boats
12.00 Picnic
14.00 Return to home clubs

Entry:
If you would like to compete please 'reply to all' on this email saying which boats you would like to row and the names of the crew you would like to row with? I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity for the formation of scratch crews.

Very much look forward to seeing all your entries and offers of help. You might like to do both, I am hoping to race in all types of boat! Also if you want to come and spectate there is a view of the whole course from the Itchenor shore.

Re: Rowing weekend Itchenor - 23rd/24th October

KeithY
Happy to join a crew on the Saturday if there is room. Keith

Re: Rowing weekend Itchenor - 23rd/24th October

Karen Bakovljev
Would love to join a crew, don't mind which boat but would prefer to do Saturday.

Re: Rowing weekend Itchenor - 23rd/24th October

Alison b
Hi Rachel
Would love to take part on both days Saturday/ Sunday.
Have managed to get a room at Itchenor Sailing Club from Friday  for 2 nights. Looking forward to it !
Many thanks
Alison

Re: Rowing weekend Itchenor - 23rd/24th October

MartinS
Interested.

Re: Rowing weekend Itchenor - 23rd/24th October

James Griffin
Interested in the Sunday - don`t mind which boat or crew

Re: Rowing weekend Itchenor - 23rd/24th October

tombennettx@gmail.com
I can come on the Sunday. What's the arrangements though for the boats. Do we row home that day or have I miss understood?

Re: Rowing weekend Itchenor - 23rd/24th October

Hi all, it doesn't look as if we have a full crew for either day so I suggest that rather than taking boats it would be better to just go along and join in.

Re: Rowing weekend Itchenor - 23rd/24th October

tombennettx@gmail.com
If you don't mind I will drop out of this. Thanks for offering it though as it was a good event last time. Tom