Sat 16th July row

Richard Harrison
Hi
There are 2 options for Saturday 16July.  If the weather is suitable (not as forecast at the moment) there will be a row to the iow.  We would meet at 11.00and go down with the tide and row over to Ryde, Seaview or Bembridge.  Then have 4 or so hours on the island before rowing back to arrive Langstone at 8pm ish.   If you would like to join this row (conditions permitting) then please post below.  You would need to bring waterproofs, life jacket or life preserver and need to be able to row all the way as we may not carry passengers and coxing across would be for more experienced coxes only.  Also on the island you need to be capable of helping to lift a galley up and down the beach.  Sorry but on this row we do need to put safety first and have to insist on these conditions.

In the event of the weather not being suitable for the IOW row we would meet at 8.00am for a normal Saturday row down the harbour and back.

I will post on Friday afternoon by 2pm which row is happening.  Please sign up in the usual way BUT please make it clear are you signing up for both options or one option only.

Re: Sat 16th July row

Andy Mac
Hi Richard

I would like to sign up for both the IOW trip and local option please and have noted all rowing, coxing, handling and lifting requirements and of course, the need for wet gear and life jacket / preserver.

Best

Re: Sat 16th July row

Both please Richard .
Thank you

Re: Sat 16th July row

JaneDavy
Yes please to both as well thanks

Re: Sat 16th July row

Lesley Kent
I'd like to come to either please Richard.  Lesley

Re: Sat 16th July row

Hi Richard, Cheryl would like to join you for the IoW please (If it happens). I still am having back problems but can be at Langstone to help you off and make my way to the IoW to meet and help you in. All the best ~ Ron and Cheryl.
len

Re: Sat 16th July row

len
if room id like this row

Re: Sat 16th July row

Hi Richard,
I'm free on Saturday, so if there's room then put me down for both please. Only problem is I don't have a life jacket if we do end up doing IOW. Does the club have one I could borrow please?

Re: Sat 16th July row

ron and cheryl
Hi Matt, as Cheryl hopes to go on IoW row (If it occurs) and I can't because of my back you can borrow my life jacket if you wish ~ Best Ron

Re: Sat 16th July row

shahnaz
Dear Richard Elyar will not be able to join you we have transport problem and I am in France see you all on Friday or earlier. X Shahnaz

Re: Sat 16th July row

Lesley Kent
Hi Richard, I realise that, from a safety point of view, you need strong rowers to go to the IOW. I think therefore it would be better if I didn't come. Lesley

Re: Sat 16th July row

Richard Harrison
Looking at the met office weather forecast it will be f4 with some F5 gustsWW later tomorrow afternoon.  The forecast for going over is f3 which would be ok but I think in view of forecast for return that we need to postpone iow for another day.  We can try again in 2 weeks when tides are good again.   Therefore lets meet at 8.00am and row down to Eastney marina for coffee/breakfast and then back.  I shall assume that the crews are Andy, Matt, Len, Cheryl, Dee, Jane, myself and possibly Lesley.   So it will be a galley and a teif.  Andy and Matt are you ok in the teifi?
RICHARD

Re: Sat 16th July row

ron and cheryl
Hi Richard, shame about the IoW row another time eh. Sorry but Cheryl only put her name down for the IoW row as she can't make the early time tomorrow. Sorry about that. Enjoy all ~ Ron

Re: Sat 16th July row

Richard Harrison
No prob Cheryl and I know Andy can't make 8am either.  So it's a galley with Jane, Matt, Len, Dee and myself and possibly Leslie.

Re: Sat 16th July row

Dee
Completely understand Richard , I'll bow out of the morning row as Hubby and son have gone to Cambridge for the weekend and don't wanna use up my dog sitter points . Have a lovely time everyone .

Re: Sat 16th July row

Hi Richard,
Shame about IOW, but totally understandable.
I'm free tomorrow, so will come along at 8 and happy in either Telfi of galley, whichever suits!
See you in the morning,
Thanks,

Re: Sat 16th July row

Lesley Kent
Looking forward to seeing you all in the morning! Lesley

Re: Sat 16th July row

Richard Harrison
Great Matt and Lesley see you tomorrow at 8.00am
Provided Jane and Len can still make it we can take a galley out

Richard
len

Re: Sat 16th July row

len
ill be there bright and early

Re: Sat 16th July row

If you find yourself one short Richard, I can be at the Mill by 9.
Got to pick a small shipment up at 8 sadly.
I may Teifi it and follow you down.
Where are you heading?