Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

Sat July 2 meeting 1230 CHANGE OF PLAN...SEE NEW POST

High Water on Saturday is at 1500 and about 4.3m which is ideal for a row to Porchester Castle for a picnic tea. The weather forecast is dry with moderate breezes but who knows what will happen. I am still angry about the unpredicted soaking we got today, so this plan is liable to cancellation if the forecast turns nasty.
The provisional plan is to meet at 1230 to get out as soon as practicable, row to Porchester via Port Creek and picnic in the castle. Please bring the ingredients - I'll post a list closer to the time but it will include wafer-thin cucumber sandwiches, Coronation chicken sandwiches and scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream. All that sort of stuff plus lashings of tea and Cava.
We should get back at about 1700.
Please note this is a long row.

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

michael
Yes please from Lesley and Michael

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Claire Tomlinson
Yes please, sounds fun!

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Pete Reed
That sounds great Chris.
Another new destination for us.
Please add both Maureen and I to the list.
Pete

PS Happy to bring scones, jam, cream etc

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Steve F
Steve & Ally too please! (PS, has anyone seen Ally’s Langstone sweater as she thinks she left it in the compound last time we rowed?)

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Mo Evans
Yes please Chris.  (The hot chocolate after the soaking yesterday didn’t pacify? 😖 )

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Tessa Collings
Yes please. Tessa

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Yes please for me!

By the way.....Monday's soaking was pretty thorough and unwelcome,  but.  "unpredicted"....???
>>>online
post by nigel on Monday to forum:
It looks as if we might possibly get some showers, as well as being a bit blustery, this morning - so it might be a good idea to bring a waterproof with you.
Destination probably short course to Emsworth.

and I second anyone's prayers to not have a repeat on Saturday! I have already got my stock of foam cream ready for the strawberries!

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Alison b
Yes please Chris...sounds fabulous  !

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Dave M
Yes please Chris
Thanks
Dave

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Yes please for me Chris…always happy to supply the Cava!!

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Alison b
Apologies Chris...I hadn't realised I'm down for the Trainera row so I now cannot make it.

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Why not bring the Trainera along to Porchester?

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

John Child
Yes please Chris

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

tombennettx@gmail.com
Add me in please

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Barry Scott
Yes please Chris,

Barry

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

BobbyClayton
There is times when you wish you didn’t have your gorgeous grandkids for the day 😢
Have a great day can you do it again one day soon 🙏
Have fun 🌞

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Claire Tomlinson
Bobby, drive round with the grandchildren and join us for the picnic and a small cava🥂!!

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

John Child
Sorry  Chris, I have sprained my ankle and can't put any weight on it. Not ideal for a long row and moving about in the boat! Regrettably I will have to drop out of the row. Hope you have a good one! John

Re: Picnic Row to Porchester Castle Sat July 2 meeting 1230

Sony to hear that, John.
Bad news from me too - I can't make the row either, due to circumstances beyond my control. But the good news is that you are all capable of organising so you will be able to get out.
But.more bad news - the weather tomorrow is going to be windy, F5 gusting to F6. I think this is likely to rule out rowing to Porchester, but you may be able to go to Emsworth or somewhere.
123