Sat Row 22 Apr

Paul Bennett
Saturday forecast is still changing, but should allow a (possibly damp) row.
Lunchtime tide, so meet at 1145 for a 1200 departure. Definitely bring a waterproof.
We will head off for some lunchtime refreshment (open to offers on location). I'll bring nibbles, perhaps bring a sandwich?
I'll send a confirmatory message on Thursday once the weather forecast has settled.
Regards

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Liz Walmsley
Yes please Paul.  Hopefully weather will be kind……

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Gill
I’m Gill a new member would i would love to come along would it be suitable for me don’t want to slow anyone up

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Paul Bennett
Gill
Good morning.  You will be very welcome.  And thanks for letting me know you are a new member - you will be well looked after.
Paul

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Julie A
Hi Paul,
I'm also a new member and would like to come, will this be OK?
Julie

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Claire Tomlinson
Yes please Paul.

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Les Goodall
Hi Paul,
Do you have room for a littl’un 😁

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Dave & Josie
Hi Paul, Dave and I would like to join you please, we are new(ish) ☺️

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Steph Savill
Hi Paul

I would like to row Saturday if possible.
I am a new rower as well so will understand if it is a no go as you can not have boat of new rowers.

I went out Monday, organized by Vernon, to Emsworth so will stand down to let others have a go.
Will check in again tomorrow.

Steph

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Yes please for Mark and Frances Taylor,  thank you

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Jo Kingsbury
I would like to come for row too please if you can accommodate another newbie.

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Dave & Josie
Hi Paul, sorry it will be just me now tomorrow-Dave can’t make it. Apologies Josie

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Mike Lowery
Sat row.
Is space I would like to row.

Thanks Mike L

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Paul Bennett
Hello all
We are a round dozen which is perfect for 2 boats with cox and passenger.  A great mix of experience and newbie.
If the weather is poor (rain), we will stay in the vicinity of Langstone and perhaps have a drink at the Oak at the end.
If the weather is kind, we will row to Emsworth.
I will bring a few nibbles, but otherwise please bring any food/drink you need, waterproof and something warm when you are a passenger/cox.
Should be fun. See you all at 1145.
Paul

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Paul Bennett
Thanks Josie - look forward to meeting you on Sat.

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Dave M
Hi Paul

Room for two more? We can take a Teifi out if numbers do not work out.

Dave & Jenny

Re: Sat Row 22 Apr

Paul Bennett
Julie
Can I just offer my apologies that I was not more explicit about you joining us yesterday.  My post identifying a good mix of experience and novices was supposed to have indicated that all were welcome - I should have responded directly to you.
Unless the organiser has declared a long and vigorous row, My advice to you is to post, identify that you are relatively new and turn up.  The person running the row will then put you in an appropriate crew and amend the plan accordingly. Please don't worry about how you will fit in - we love new members.
Once again, sorry for any mix up in the arrangements for yesterday.
Regards
Paul