Saturday Excursion Row 12th Dec at 10:45

Saturday Excursion Row 12th Dec at 10:45

Mark Taylor
I am scheduled to organise an excursion row on Saturday 12 Dec at 10:45. Due to recent surgery I have had, it will not be possible for me to undertake this row. Would someone else be willing to take the lead on this and organise an excursion please.  I am posting this now, hoping someone will take up the challenge and organise the event

Re: Saturday Excursion Row 12th Dec at 10:45

I hope you are recovering well, Mark.
I'll take it over if no-one else has a pressing desire to do it. Anyone fancy a tour of Portsmouth Harbour, starting at Portchester and visiting Fareham?

Re: Saturday Excursion Row 12th Dec at 10:45

ron and cheryl
Ron and Cheryl for this please Chris, sounds good!

Re: Saturday Excursion Row 12th Dec at 10:45

Andy Mac
An inspired idea.

Yes please Chris.

Re: Saturday Excursion Row 12th Dec at 10:45

Sounds a great idea. Marcus and I would like to come.  Would the rowing/ sailing club we talked too be interested?

Re: Saturday Excursion Row 12th Dec at 10:45

Richard Harrison
Hi Chris
I see you have 6 for Saturday so a seventh person is not ideal.  I am now free on Saturday so would be interested so if anyone drops out or others join please can I come as well?
cheers

Re: Saturday Excursion Row 12th Dec at 10:45

Shellz
I have my parents arriving from South Africa on Saturday morning but if you do visit Fareham I will do my best to meet up with you for a drink/lunch if you make a pit stop.  Mum and Dad are used to being dragged around rowing events!!  :)

Re: Saturday Excursion Row 12th Dec at 10:45

Hi Chris,
I fancy this row but if the numbers don't work I will drop out.
..... Les 🙃 .....

Saturday Row - Now at the Mill at 10.00

The weather tomorrow is windy, F4 gusting F6 to begin with but rising to F5/8 and the possibility of a bit of rain later. Portsmouth harbour is a big body of water with a long fetch for waves to build up, so it's not going to be fun.
It will be OK round the lee of Hayling, so for those of you wanting a good hard row, I suggest meeting at 10.00 for a thrash down to Mill Rythe, returning by 12.00 for a quick one in the Royal Oak.
If you are interested, post below.
Apologies to all of you that were looking forward to visiting a new destination - we will get there eventually!

Re: Saturday Row - Now at the Mill at 10.00

Andy Mac
i Chris
Good call. The afternoon is looking v lively.
I will drop out if that's ok as the round trip is a ninety minute drive and its quite a hike for a two hour row.
If however you find that you are one short, I will happily crew.
Best
Andy