Saturday July 12

Saturday July 12 presents a rich choice of exciting things to do...

1)  Emsworth Marina Open Day. We have been invited to send a boat or two over to show the public what we do.
2) Hamble River Games. This event includes rowing races for Bursledon Gigs, and we have been offered the use of a gig (3 rowers + cox) if we want to participate.
3)  Round Osea Race. We took a Claydon to this great event in Essex a couple of years ago.

I think it is important that we have a presence at the Emsworth Marina open day, but that does not necessarily preclude sending crews to the other events.
What do you all think?

Re: Saturday July 12

Christine
Hi Chris
Unfortunately Marcus and I are away then, I think the Emsworth marina is important, then after that if there are lots of keen people one of the others.
Christine

Christine Ball MCSP

On 19 Jun 2014, at 09:15, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Saturday July 12 presents a rich choice of exciting things to do...

1)  Emsworth Marina Open Day. We have been invited to send a boat or two over to show the public what we do.
2) Hamble River Games. This event includes rowing races for Bursledon Gigs, and we have been offered the use of a gig (3 rowers + cox) if we want to participate.
3)  Round Osea Race. We took a Claydon to this great event in Essex a couple of years ago.

I think it is important that we have a presence at the Emsworth Marina open day, but that does not necessarily preclude sending crews to the other events.
What do you all think?

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Saturday-July-12-tp1587.html

RE: Saturday July 12

RichardH
Hi Chris
I am happy to coordinate the row to Emsworth marina as I feel it is important that we have a presence there.
cheers
Richard

Re: Saturday July 12

Happy to participate in Emsworth Marina, may need to borrow a t shirt as I am not sure that I got my order in on time :0(

Tim Pointer

Re: Saturday July 12

Hi Chris, Cheryl and I would like to participate and help on the Emsworth Marina Open Day please
Cheers Ron

Re: Saturday July 12

Nigel
I'm happy to help out at Emsworth.
 If I were an optimist ---I'd work out how to help at Emsworth AND go to the Bursledon gig event...-I'm sure with enough cover for the marina both could be accommodated.

Re: Saturday July 12

Please put me down for the Emsworth Marina Day

Re: Saturday July 12

Teri Baker
Hi Chris,
Definitely interested in the Emsworth event ..... but Hamble looks good too .........

Re: Saturday July 12

I now have two tee shirts and far fewer blisters, so happy to do Emsworth or Hamble depending on need. Cheers Tim

Re: Saturday July 12

OK the destination is now Emsworth, and Richard Harrison is organising.
So far we have:
Richard
Tim
Ron
Cheryl
Teri
Me
Which makes eight, so we will need more than just Bembridge. Richard - I am hoping to do a training run in Bembridge at 08.00, so why don't I pick up four of the above and go to Emsworth, while you go to the Mill and launch a boat as soon as there is enough water? HW is 11.54 so you should be able to launch at 10.00. Does that sound like a plan to you?

Re: Saturday July 12

Liz and John
We would both like to come, though at the moment John is unsure about possible work commitments.  So definitely Liz and if possible John will come as well.