Saturday Row 1st February

Chris Penfold
Hi All,

Hope this gets to you, as I'm struggling with a lousey signal in deepest Oxfordshire this week!

The plan for Saturday is to try for the cafe adjacent to the Ferryboat at the mouth of Langstone harbour. Hopefully, if conditions are favourable we'll take in some wildlife spotting around Farlington as well.

We have a decent high tide of about 4.9 metres at 1215 so will meet at the boat park at 1030.

Plan B will be seaking seals South of Thorney and possibly a stop in Emsworth. It is all, as ever, weather dependent!

I will post an update on Friday re weather etc.

Replies on a post please by 1800 Friday eve.

Ron and Cheryl, I have you included as per your email, thanks.

Regards,

Chris

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

RichardThrift
Hi Chris, Saturday sounds like a good row so count me in. Thanks

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

Me too!

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

Rod King
...That sounds good - count me in too!

regards,
Rod

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

Chris, Nicky and I would like
 to crew on The Saturday Seal watch

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

Peter L
Yes please I d like to come.

Peter Lockyer

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

Seal or no Seal, Id like to go rowing....Nigel.

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

Chris Penfold
Good evening Rowers,

I'm afraid it's not looking very likely for tomorrow with South Westerly winds of 25 mph gusting to 40 mph.

Having said that, I have an 0800 session with the Gig club in the morning, so when I get back from that (if it goes ahead) at around 0930 - 1000 I will email you all with a go - no go.

I hope this is acceptable, but understand if anyone wants to drop out so they can re-organise their day.

Regards,

Chris

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

Peter L
Afraid I will have to cancel as need to be able to plan rest if my day.

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

Chris Penfold
Sorry for late report.

Definitely a no go for today. Wind and flood warnings are out!

Chris

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

robina
Good shout Penfold, I was out with the Girls in a gig and we really
struggled to get back to the Marina at 9.30. wind was all over the
 place and getting stronger by the minute.

Re: Saturday Row 1st February

A crew of dedicated loons went out anyway, just for a short hack towards Marker. Hard work, but nice in the pub after...