Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

The weather forecast for Saturday is nice, with sun and a gentle northerly breeze. High water is mid-afternoon (15.40, 4.3m) so i propose a jaunt to Portchester Castle for tea. Bring a flask and suitable accompaniments. There will be prizes for the thinnest cucumber sandwiches and the thickest Dundee cake.
We will meet at the boat park at 13.30 so we can get in the water and under the bridges as quickly as possible.

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Andy Mac
Sounds great.
Yes please Chris

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Teri
sound perfect - yes please Chris!

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Cake..... yes please Cheers

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Rachel Norris
Yes please Chris me too ...Rachel

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Liz Hall
John would like to come please.  Unfortunately Liz can't due to another commitment that means she couldn't get there till 13.45 at the earliest, and anyway you have 6 people with John. So unless you get enough for a 2nd boat it will be just John at 13.30 and not Liz.

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Me too please if we can get a second boat going?

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

alison kidd
I would like to come too please if enough interest for a second boat.
Alison

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Liz...13.45 will be fine as we have enough people to get the boats in. Please let me know if you are delayed though.

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Marion and Alison... We can accommodate everyone by taking Teifis as necessary so do come (don't forget razor sharp cucumber sandwiches!)

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm the mere mention of going under Bridges stirs the blood and brings a smile to my lips, 12 miles with chums in the autumn sun with a dash of culture  and cake thrown in plus the chance of getting ones head biffed and brains fried by high tension power lines, irresistable😎

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Marcus and I would like to come, we have a wedding at 12 noon at Church so will get Theresa near to 1.30pm as we can.  Then off to evening do at 6pm, fun, fun, fun.  If Chris you have too many, we can always step down.  I have apple cake to bring.

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

..."will get Theresa near to 1.30pm"...
What has Theresa ever done to you?
There is space in a boat for anyone with apple cake!

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Sue Martin
I've got "newly made Dutch Apple Cake" Is that allowed?
Even if it's not I still want to come!

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Sounds great. Anyway you are welcome with or without cake Sue.

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

JaneDavy
I would love to join if possible- and by chance have an apple cake too (in freezer).

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

OK apple cake is the new Dundee cake. Welcome aboard!

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Katy
I would like to come but how long would the row be approximately.  I have the usual problem of having to be in two places at once at 5.00pm

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Claudia
Hello Chris,
I would like to come along if it's not too late. Thank you and hopefully I'll see everyone tomorrow for a good row!
Claudia

Re: Saturday row to Portchester Castle for Tea

Claudia - it will be great to have you along.
Katy - we should be back by 5 and there are enough people to get the boats in if you have to scarper off quick. Is Annika coming?
12