Shelley update

Shellz
Hey peeps

I've been convinced to put up an update here as apparently there's a bit of concern amongst you all for my wellbeing.  Thank you for that. :-)

As some of you know I've been feeling rubbish for a long time and doctors have either dragged their heels over looking into it or dismissed my pains as strained muscles, to the point where I started believing this to be the case too.

I've not been rowing due to the pain I've been in and I just feel exhausted all the time. For months now I've not been able to get through a day without an afternoon nap!

Anyhoo, last Friday (20 March) I saw a different doctor who wasn't convinced it was muscular and suggested I get checked out by someone further up the medical ladder.

And so an hour later I found myself being admitted to the Surgical Assessment Unit in QA.

I've gone through various tests and scans and the working diagnosis is that I have an abnormal kidney and blobs of gunk (probably abcesses) on my liver.

I've had a liver biopsy (hideous procedure) to extract samples so that they can analyse the blobs and await kidney investigation by the urology team.

This morning I was told I'm a "tricky" patient in that they don't know what it is exactly but by working through all the tests they will get to the bottom of it and have asked me to just be a patient patient.

I'm on intravenous antibiotics for another week or so and pathology will take as long to grow and analyse the liver samples so I expect to be here awhile longer.

Pain wise I'm much better, the agonising pain I was suffering is gone and Tim told me today that I am now one colour and don't look blotchy and red like I have done. Lovely compliment, thanks Tim. :-S

I am in a small quiet ward with a view of the sea and when I have the energy am sufficiently mobile that I can wander downstairs to Costa for a carrot cake fix.

Visitors are welcome between 2 and 8pm though be aware I have good days when I'm bright and sunny and the occasional day when I'm too exhausted to talk.

Ward E2, floor E, lift area 8.

I'm comfy and have everything I need, including a surplus of grapes. :-)

I'll keep you all posted as I learn more myself.

Shel x

Re: Shelley update

So glad you are a bit better and they seem to be making a bit of progress to a diagnosis.
Did you see a Solent galley going round that great big aircraft carrier in the Solent yesterday?

Re: Shelley update

Hazel Brackstone
Hey Shelley

Feel for you. Hope they have you back on your feet again soon. The afternoon nap might be a red herring as quite a few of us are suffering from that condition.

Kind regards

Hazel Fellow Cutter Rower

Re: Shelley update

Daphne Berry
What's this about afternoon naps ??
I hope that that Hazel isn't casting generalised slurs in our direction.
Who ?
Where ?
Disgusting, you'd never catch me or Dad doing that on the sofa together after a hard trip yesterday rowing around USS Verybigandgrey.

Re: Shelley update

Grahaml
Hi from California, so sorry to hear you are not feeling so good. On the subject of naps I find them very beneficial wether I am feeling well or unwell. Take care of yourself, I am saving you a big hug.
Graham xx

Sent from my iPad

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Shelley-update-tp3513.html

Re: Shelley update

Hey Shelz.
My dad says...... If something doesn't hurt when you wake in the morning...(you are dead ) and my nan & grandad always have had a sleep ( gone to bed ) after lunch & will not answer the door to anyone 90+
Wow.
Seriously though ,I wish you a speedy recovery & hope to see you on the water soon.
Lots of love.....🚣 🍰 🍷 .... Les...bisousxxxx

Re: Shelley update

So sorry to hear how poorly you've been Shellz. Sure you'll be back on your feet and on the water soon just like the pic below. Very best wishes ~ Ron and Cheryl x

Re: Shelley update

Mike Gilbert
Great picture....

On Friday, March 27, 2015, ron and cheryl [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
So sorry to hear how poorly you've been Shellz. Sure you'll be back on your feet and on the water soon just like the pic below. Very best wishes ~ Ron and Cheryl x

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Shelley-update-tp3513p3525.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs1095392n1h96@n5.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s1095392n1h96@...

Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

Re: Shelley update

RichardThrift
Wow Shelley what a lot has happened to you and hopefully for the best now you have sought a second opinion. The afternoon naps and Costa coffee and carrot cake sound rather nice and the view must be really relaxing. Gail & I hope you fully recover and can join us rowing again-------or even a gym session on the machines! Very best wishes for the future.
Richard Thrift

Re: Shelley update

Shellz
Thanks for the messages. Ron and Cheryl, that's a great photo!! :-) x