Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Lower Thames RC is holding the annual Southend Pier race on Aug 2. This was huge fun last year apparently and is one of the rare opportunities for Gladys and Mabel to get out and race. Witchoar will be there, hopefully.
Anyone interested?
PastedGraphic-12.pdf

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Don't know what sort of crews you are planning but if I fit in then I'm interested :-)

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Alan Harding
Hi Chris,

Yes please.

Thanks,

Al

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Hi Chris

Last year was indeed a great day I think Witchoar did it in about 1 1/2 hours.

I am possibly going to Clovelly on the Friday/Saturday of that weekend with the Gigs but have not fully committed to that and indeed could potentially do both, so please put me down as possible and I will confirm next week.

Cheers

Tim

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Jenny

Hi Chris
Yes please
Jenny

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Timp [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

Hi Chris

Last year was indeed a great day I think Witchoar did it in about 1 1/2 hours.

I am possibly going to Clovelly on the Friday/Saturday of that weekend with the Gigs but have not fully committed to that and indeed could potentially do both, so please put me down as possible and I will confirm next week.

Cheers

Tim

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Southend-Pier-Race-Sunday-2nd-August-tp4731p4741.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

OK we have a crew as long as Tim can make it. Is anyone else interested in joining us?

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Alan Harding
Hi Chris,

I could see if Kevin would like to join us?

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Yes please, Al. I'm surprised he hasn'ty signed up already.

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Dear all

Sorry but I will not now be coming to Southend.

Cheers

Tim

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Hi Guys

I would love to participate in this one and continue to pack in many stamina building hours of rowing each and every week, which continues to improve my overall rowing capability. Alan has encouraged me to sign up for this one, for which many thanks Al. Its nine miles on the open sea and its going to be bloody hard graft, none of which concerns nor phases me. YES PLEASE!

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

OK chaps we have a crew for Southend:
Rachel
Al
Jenny
Andy Mac
Kevin
Me.

I think the best plan is to go out and back on the same day which is slightly depressing but there's no evening bash to detain us and the following day is a Monday. Details later.
We also need to go out as a crew at least once just to get changes etc sorted out. I know Rachel is on a course this weekend so how about some time next week?

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Thanks Chris

Once Rachel is back, I can bunk off work for 4/5 hours most days and times, as required.
Best

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Jenny
Hi Chris

I can only make Thursday 30th or possibly Friday 31st for a practice row. If an evening row was arranged, I could probably make any day.

Thanks

Jenny

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

I can do both those days too Jenny :-)

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Andy Mac
Me too
I can make both dates and evenings as per Jenny

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Hi Crew...
We need to get out in Gladys some time this week for a bit of practice and to get her onto her trailer ready for the weekend.
We could go out with Penfold's excursion on Weds or Thurs, or on our own on Friday. Which do you prefer?

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Andy Mac
Hi guys,
If Thursday is still the best day for Jenny that works well for me.

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Jenny

Yes Thursday still good for me. Although I'm guessing we won't have our full team.

---- Andy Mac [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Southend-Pier-Race-Sunday-2nd-August-tp4731p4945.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: Southend Pier Race Sunday 2nd August

Hi I can do Thurs too but Alan and Kevin aren't around during the week. Steve has offered to make up a crew for Thurs so we'd have 5.