The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

RichardThrift
Wahay Langstone Cutters the new roster has been posted and luckily for the first row of the season---------and it being Summer!!! I can offer you all a nice afternoon row in warm temperatures circa 19c and lowish SW winds of 11mph on a 4.0 high tide at 1800. So here's the plan. We row to Hisc and moor up on the pontoon for a drink and snack at the Pirannha Bar. Then row back to Langstone and relax at the Royal Oak and a chat in their nice new garden. To do this we need to meet up at the mill at 4pm to launch the boats by 4:20 or so. This gives us plenty of time and I would expect to get back to Langstone around 7pm.
All skill grades of rowing are acceptable and if one of the boats needs to do a fitness regime row to the Pirannha that's great as they can buy the drinks!! Suggest layers of clothes as it could get very warm rowing, perhaps sunscreen, water or energy drinks to keep you going and buoyancy aids. Should be a great afternoon out, so I look forward to your responses.
All the best for the week ahead

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

Andy Mac
Hi Richard
That's very much a thumbs up and yes please from me.
See you at 4pm on Wednesday.
Thanks , Best

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

Richard, good to hear from you. Cheryl and Ron for this please.

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

Jackie Tutt
Yes please for me Richard
Many thanks
Jackie

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

RichardThrift
Quick update for everyone. Weather still looks good for Wednesday so the plan to row to HISC and stop off at the Pirannha Bar is definitely on as we now have one galley reserved. Perhaps more rowers would like to join us so let's see if we can fill another boat---the more the merrier.
See you all at 4pm on Wednesday at the mill.

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

Geoff
Hi Richared . Not sure I can make it yet. Suggest you park at Sparks not HISC as its a long walk round to Piranna Bar. Geoff

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

RichardThrift
Good idea Geoff as the swim would be be rather cold!! Sparks was where I had in mind as we've been there a few times now.
Hope you can make it on Wednesday

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

Hoping to join you for this one. Marion

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

I will be coming, Marcus would also like to come but has to get back from work, so will be along as near to 4.20pm as possible, hope that's not too inconvenient, he can row extra hard to catch the other galley if he's delayed.

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

RichardThrift
Sounds good Christine, I will make sure Marcus works extra hard to catch up with the rest of us, 4.20 should be OK perhaps 4.25 so hope he can make it--we will wait in one galley just in case.
See you both tomorrow.
Rich

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

I'd like to come to, please!

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

RichardThrift
Update for everyone. Meeting up at the mill for 4pm on Wednesday, so far we have definites:-

Andy Mac
Ron
Cheryl
Jackie Tutt
Christine
Marcus (for 4.20)
Chris Partridge
Me

Possibilities are:
Marion
Geoff Shilling

Weather is still looking good, warm 19C, light breeze SSW 10mph so row to Hisc and stop off at Pirannha, returning to Langstone c7pm looks like a real goer. Perhaps a drink in the new Royal Oak gardens as well on our return.

Should other Cutters wish to come along they will be very welcome just sign up on the forum as soon as you can.

Kind regards

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

I will join you, Marilyn.

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

Sorry Richard,
I have managed to double book myself ,and the theatre wins !! have a lovely row, Marilyn .

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

Just confirming - I am a definite for this row. See you all at 4pm. Marion

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

Sorry Richard, Marcus cannot come now. Someone has booked a meeting for him at 4pm! He'll paddle board in stead.

Re: The 1st Mid Week row on the new roster is Wednesday 24th June

Greg Tutt
Hi

Jackie is now unable to row due to last minute prom issues! Hoping Tim P may see this update and opt to row with the Cutters instead of the Gig club tonight.

Apologies

Jackie/Greg