The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

For anyone who didn’t watch it, I totally recommend you download tonight’s One Show from BBC iPlayer…

George Clooney, Tom Hanks and Callum Turner were all talking about the new film “Boys In The Boat”.
I’ve read the book and really can’t wait for the movie.
But above all it made me realise one thing….

No matter which team colours I wear.
No mater the people I’m rowing with on any given day.
Between us all, we make each other something far better than we can ever be on our own.
We should all be so proud to be a part of this amazing sport and club.
We should all be so proud to call ourselves rowers.

How about we put together a movie day when it comes out in January, and go see the film as a team?!

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Dee
Fab book

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

T Way
Good idea Matt.

It is a good book.

Tina

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

That would be fun!

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Lesley Grainger
Great post & idea Matt. Film comes out on 12th January 24 so a good way to start the new year as a rower.

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Matt,
Steve Woods gave me a copy of this book, he had acquired a few as he thought it was so important.
A club outing sounds like a lovely idea.
I hope the screenwriter and director do it justice. There is always a little trepidation when a book is translated to film.
I shall reread the book this Christmas with bittersweet memories of Steve so excitedly handing me my copy.
Michael

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Michael, that’s a lovely memory to have of Steve. He was always excited by things like this!
Like you, I’m going to dig out my old copy of the book for a good Christmas read.
Nearer the time I’ll try to arrange a cinema it’s on that’s close for us all, would be a fun outing for the new year.

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Steph Savill
Sounds like a great idea Matt 👍👍😁

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Phil P
Great idea Matt
By the way do you need a lift on next Thursday
Phil

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Claire Tomlinson
On your recommendation I’ve ordered the book.
Look forward to seeing the film

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Karen Bakovljev
Ditto Claires reply. Great idea for a get together

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Pam P
Also ditto Claire and Karen. Great idea Matt.  Ever thought of going into the Event Industry as an Organiser???

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Hi Phil,
Thank you for the kind offer, but I’m all sorted thanks.
See you next week

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Margaret
What a great post Matt. I’ve not read the book but will do before the film is released. I’d love to join you for an outing to see it. A field trip 😀

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Like  the others, on your recommendation I have ordered the book

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Sounds good. Keep us posted. Quite fancy seeing that 😁👍

Re: The Boys In The Boat…a movie date idea….

Heather Green
Great idea Matt. I'll look forward to that!