The Boys In The Boat film - 5th Feb, 3pm - UPDATED, PLEASE READ!!

Re: The Boys In The Boat film - 5th Feb, 3pm - UPDATED, PLEASE READ!!

Matt O’Neill
Hi Pam,
Your payment has been found as my bank forwarded it to my new account, so we’re all sorted now.
But can I take this opportunity to remind all to please bring cash on the night.
Thanks guys and girls, see you all soon

Re: The Boys In The Boat film - 5th Feb, 3pm - UPDATED, PLEASE READ!!

Do you want a bit of background, before you go to the cinema???
Some of the diehard Cutters will remember the Eton Dorney Olympic rowing course that we rowed on…..
in gale conditions, oh, so long ago!!! Well, that features in the film “Boys in the Boat”!
   Yes! I know it is supposed to be set in Washington, USA, but as everyone over here knows, - we Brits can do it better, so those racing scenes were taken at Dorney!
To find out about this and some other interesting facts, and some local background scenes that GRR Cutters may remember……follow this link…>

https://www.britishrowing.org/2024/01/where-was-the-boys-in-the-boat-filmed/?utm_campaign=88131_eNews%20-%2023%20Jan%202024&utm_medium=email&utm_source=British%20Rowing%20Limited%20dotdigital&dm_i=7LDC,1W03,5ZBZH,73VJ,1

Re: The Boys In The Boat film - 5th Feb, 3pm - UPDATED, PLEASE READ!!

Lesley Grainger
Nigel
That's fabulous to know before seeing the film. Thanks for taking the time to post it. I always like to know these things.

Re: The Boys In The Boat film - 5th Feb, 3pm - UPDATED, PLEASE READ!!

Pam P
Matt, just been online to my bank and the £10 I sent you ( and shouldn't have!) has bounced back to me! Computer said no.    So....I owe you some cash.

Re: The Boys In The Boat film - 5th Feb, 3pm - UPDATED, PLEASE READ!!

Sorry Matt, I'm afraid Cheryl and I will have to drop out of this. I have a medical appointment that I can't refuse and it has coincided with this time wise. We are disappointed as we both wanted to see the film.
See you on the water Ron and Cheryl

Re: The Boys In The Boat film - 5th Feb, 3pm - UPDATED, PLEASE READ!!

Hi Ron,
Sorry to hear Cheryl and yourself aren’t going to be able to make the film on Monday afternoon.
Please could you send me either your mobile number or email address so I can send you a reply back with my bank details, as all tickets have all been purchased a couple of weeks ago, and I don’t think it fair for me to now be out of pocket by £20.
Hope all goes well at the hospital, look forward to seeing you soon.
Thanks very much.

Re: The Boys In The Boat film - 5th Feb, 3pm - UPDATED, PLEASE READ!!

Frances and I can't join you on Monday.  But we saw the film Friday . Really excellent.  Although about American Olympic team,  most rowing shots were filmed on Thames.  Great scene of departing Washington rail station , which was Windsor Riverside.  With loco haulng BR Mark 1 stock.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Excellent afternoon , thanks Matt for organising us to go.  Film just wonderful, we all loved it. It was also really nice to be out socially together.

Re: The Boys In The Boat film - 5th Feb, 3pm - UPDATED, PLEASE READ!!

Lesley Grainger
Thanks for organising Matt. I really enjoyed the film. I found it inspiring. Here's to a 46 stroke pace!

Re: The Boys In The Boat film - 5th Feb, 3pm - UPDATED, PLEASE READ!!

Dave & Josie
Really enjoyed the film Matt, thanks for organising! Josie and Dave
12