This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Nigel
Hi All you intrepid rowers!
    This week is good for tide times, but less so for available water. The weather seems good for Thursday and Friday, so I propose Thursday (2-45pm meet, with probably Emsworth as a T-target), with the possibility of a second trip on Friday (when the weather is currently predicted to be slightly sunnier!).

Temperatures (10 degC),  water (10 degC) and wind are still cold so come dressed to survive. You can always shed a layer!

As usual please post here if you are interested ---VV

--- and it might be useful to also indicate whether or not you might be interested in the Friday 2nd row, so that I can judge whether to put up a second thread for the Friday row option.

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Nigel - you are there! Excellent! Count me in...

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Yes please for Thurdays Nigel with a added possible for me on Friday .

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Hi Nigel, Ron and Cheryl for Thursday and Friday please ~ Cheers (What's ---VV---)

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

OOOPSSorry Nigel our enthusiasm bypassed our obligations. We promised to pick our grandchildren up from school on Thursday so we can only make the Friday row ~ Cheers Ron and Cheryl

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Les Goodall
Sorry Nigel,
Love to join your excursions but I'm in cognito for a while.
Les .... ⛴🌊🌊 🚣 ....

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

shahnaz
i would love to join for thursday and also for friday.

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Jenny
Hi Nigel

I would like to join you please on Thursday, and a maybe for Friday.

Thanks

Jenny

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Julia
Hi Nigel, Steve and I would like to join in, happy to take a Teifi out if no more replies. Julia & Steve (looking forward to a catch up)

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Currently the Thursday row is as planned.

For the benefit of Friday rowers - the wind predictions are worsening slightly, so I shall wait until tomorrow (Thursday) to start a thread for the Friday row.
   I shall assume that all who expressed an interest in Friday will look at this thread and let me know (on the Friday thread) if they cannot make it.

!!! I hope there is no more hail !!!   Out in the open it really hurt today!

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Tomorrow we will be joined by Helena Smalman-Smith, expedition rower supreme, who wants to see what a Solent galley is like. Her very fine blog is here: http://expeditionrowing.blogspot.co.uk

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Marcus would like to join you, unfortunately I cannot, have a great row.

Re: This week's mid-week row. Thursday 2-45pm

Nigel
Hi there all you surfers (well, we did, didn't we?!),
    Thanks for making it a good outing with very positive rowing being shown in what were fairly stiff conditions!
  Unfortunately the wind and rain predictions for tomorrow are even "stiffer", so I think it advisable to cancel tomorrow's row.

I apologise for raising people's hopes -but you can all get another rowing "fix" on Saturday and Sunday.....
Cheers
Nigel.