This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

RichardThrift
Dear Langstone Cutters,
This week I can offer you all two options. The first is a round the harbour type evening row this Monday starting at 8pm for say an hour to hour and a half, with a drink at the Royal Oak to finish off what should be a really nice evening.  For afficionados of statistics weather is Sunny with poss of light rain, 16C 9mph wind and HT 21.40hrs. Just turn up at the mill if you want to go for this row, possibly with a note on the forum .
The main row will be on Thursday starting at 10am at the Mill, with a trip to Emsworth. Sunny intervals, only 6mph wind so should be glorious for a good fitness regime. Perhaps row out to view East Head and Thorney Island with possibility of seeing some seals. Stop in Emsworth for refreshments at Flintstones.
Please register your interest on the forum.

Hope you can join me.
Richard

Richard Thrift
Mob 07831 440448

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

ron and cheryl
Hello Richard, please include me for the Thursday Row. Thanks Cheryl (Ron will be at work so won't be able to make it)

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

ron and cheryl
Just one thing Richard, I have to pick my Grandchildren up from school at 15:15 so will need to be back at 14:45. Is this possible please. If not I'm afraid I won't be able to make it sorry!

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

Geoff Shilling
Thursday for me. Geoff Shilling

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

Possibly this evening, but definitely yes to Thursday. Thanks for organising this Richard.
Cheers
Nigel.

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

I will be there on Thursday.

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

John Chapman
Would like to row this evening. Will be at the Mill at 8pm.

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

RichardThrift
hello Cheryl, Thank you for your post, whilst I cannot guarantee getting back by 2.45 once we have rowed, lunched, rowed again and then put the boats away it is usually around 3 to 4 and a half hrs on the Emsworth trip so you should be ok.
I will obviously understand if you do not want to take the risk, however you are welcome to join us on Thursday for what should be a good time.
Kind regards

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

Will row tonight but not if it's raining!!!!!

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

RichardThrift
Ahhh--the vagaries of the weather, good news is according to BBC weather for Langstone, quite warm tonight and only light cloud!!

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

Hi Richard, time wise it's a bit close for comfort so I will have to "cry off" this time sorry. I have to be there for the Grand Kids as there mum is away. Ron and I look forward to rowing with you soon, hope you all have a good row.

Best wishes - Cheryl

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

Hi Richard,
Gladys needs to be got out of the water and onto her trailer for Netley regatta on Saturday, so would it be OK to use her on Thursday and put her on the trailer after the row?
Chris

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

RichardThrift
No problem, Chris, we will need a few more rowers though as at the moment there are only four of us. Nice change to row the old barge anyway. If you know who the regular Claydon enthusiasts under Mark Taylor perhaps we could send them all an email in case they can make Thursday morning. Note that Nigel still has a damaged hand so in fact we have three active rowers so far. How many do you need for a good  row to Emsworth/East Head area & back? Hope to hear from you soon.

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

Teri Baker
Good morning Richard,

  Have you got room for one more on the Thursday row?  If so please could you add me to the list.
Teri

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

RichardThrift
Good to have you along Teri. See you on Thursday morning.

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

Would like to join you Thursday if there is still space, kind regards Tim Pointer

Re: This weeks mid week rows incl. an evening option

RichardThrift
No problem at all, glad to have you along, see you at the Mill.