Thursday row 08.30 - Excursion / Round Hayling training

Thursday row 08.30 - Excursion / Round Hayling training

Hi all,

With the round Hayling race rapidly approaching, we will only be taking galleys for some crew practice etc. Hence, we will not be splitting the crews into Teifis at the expense of breaking down a galley crew. ALL are very welcome to sign up nonetheless and I will do everything possible to accomodate everyone.

As of Wednesday morning we are:
Barry
Steve R
Julia
Andrew B
Shahnaz
Christine
Marcus
Ron
Cheryl
Me

CREWS:

Galley One.
Rachel - Skipper
Marcus
Andrew B
Ron

Galley Two.
Andy - Skipper
Steve R
Julia
Barry
Shahnaz
Cheryl

If winds remain light as forecasted, i am hoping for a row to Ferry Boat and back which would give crew a good work out ahead of Sunday race.

Rain showers are likely so please bring necessary.

Best

Re: Mid week row Thursday 08.00 start

Matt O’Neill
I'm free Thursday, so put me down for it please Andy,

Re: Mid week row Thursday 08.00 start

Yes please Andy .

Re: Mid week row Update Wednesday or Thursday

Julia Rooke
Hi Andy, Steve and I could do practice crew row Wednesday or thursday, Julia & Steve

Re: Mid week row Update Wednesday or Thursday

Andy Mac
Hi Julia,
Excellent.
Let's see what the Country file forecast this evening predicts , together with Met office and I'll pick the best option.
I'll post around 8 pm.
Cheryl, Barry, Lesley.
Any chance of you guys making this one for some crew training?
Best

Re: Mid week row Update Wednesday or Thursday

Andy Mac
No countryfile today.
I'll post an update on Monday when I've had a good chance to study the met office charts etc .But at the moment Thursday is looking very wet with Wednesday looking like the better day.

Re: Mid week row Update Wednesday or Thursday

I shall have to 'bow' out Andy as Christine is treating me and has advised no rowing for a few days ...

Re: Mid week row Update Wednesday or Thursday

Thanks Dee
Take it easy and get well soon you.
No more climbing up ladders or " two " crew faff free galley launching.
Twas a lovely row indeed, for which many thanks.
Best

Re: Mid week row Update Wednesday or Thursday

Dee
Indeed it was a lovely row mate . Enjoy tomorrow with Matt and Josh , was a tad jealous ....

Re: Mid week row Update Wednesday or Thursday

Andrew,
Heavens! They let you back in.
Hope hols were as good as pics suggested.
I'm caught between a thousand weather forecasts and,

ONE. We are only doing one mid week row.

TWO. Thursday is still looking somewhat wetter than Wednesday.

THREE. Having said that, I am loathe to change the plan to row on Thursday, as changes confuse folks let alone sheep.

Would love you to crew as Steve, Julian, Barry and I have to deal with coxing / changes etc.

Will post final call on Monday.

Best
Andy
Baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Re: Mid week row Thursday 08.30 start

shahnaz
HI Andy
I have changed my shift to be able to row on Thursday
I am on call from 7:30-8:00, will be with you around 8:15, do you think I am able be back to surgery by 12:45 ?
thanks, Shahnaz

Re: Mid week row Thursday 08.30 start

Andy Mac
Hi Shahnaz

No problem.

We will be back at The Mill by 11.30

Best

Re: Mid week row Thursday 08.30 - Excursion & Round Hayling training

Barry Scott
Yes Please Andy.
See you Thursday.
Barry

Re: Mid week row Thursday 08.30 - Excursion & Round Hayling training

Hi Andy I see you have the dreaded seven and I would love to join you on Thurs if I can be back by 11.30 as I have to be somewhere for 12. Happy to drop out if numbers don't work or time is too tight :-)

Re: Mid week row Thursday 08.30 - Excursion & Round Hayling training

Andy Mac
Hi Rachel

Excellent and many thanks.

Guarantee return by 11.30 and with no need for anyone to drop out.

Ideally, it would be nice to take two galleys for a spot of Round Hayling practice, but if we have to Teifi two or three up then so be it. I'm happy with that.

See you Thursday.
Best

Re: Mid week row Thursday 08.30 - Excursion & Round Hayling training

Marcus and I would like to join the row. Thanks

Re: Thursday row 08.30 - Excursion & Round Hayling training

Lesley Kent
Sorry Andy. I'm working .  Lesley

Re: Thursday row 08.30 - Excursion & Round Hayling training

I'm allowed out to play Andy , so count me in please .

ALL welcome.

Re: 2 spaces only re Thursday row 08.30 - Excursion / Round Hayling training

OK Andy, you have got through to us, Ron and Cheryl for this please ~ Cheers