Training Row. Friday 17th 8am

Claire Tomlinson
I’d like to get some more distance rows in before round Hayling so are there any competent coxes/ rowers who’d like an early morning training row?
Thanks
Claire

Re: Training Row. Friday 17th 8am

Matt O’Neill
Hi Claire,
I’d like to train too before going around Hayling.
Happy to cox or row, or a bit of both - whatever suits.

Re: Training Row. Friday 17th 8am

Karen Bakovljev
Hi Claire, Although not taking part in the round Hayling, would like to take part in your long distance row on Friday. Not a competent cox but very happy to give it a go

Re: Training Row. Friday 17th 8am

john d. pearce
Hi Claire
I'd like a nice early morning row.
Regards
John D.

Re: Training Row. Friday 17th 8am

RichardH
Hi Claire

Yes please - Happy to be a competent cox and or a rower or both. (although not training for Round Hayling this time)
Look forward to joining you

Re: Training Row. Friday 17th 8am

Claire Tomlinson
Perfect, thanks Richard.
We now have a full crew! See you all Friday.

Re: Training Row. Friday 17th 8am

and one more, please, so you can make crew changes etc.if you wish.
If you are going to make good use of the tide then I presume ***we will be starting out from the boat park at about 07:15, or is that a bit early?

If we are on the waterat about 07:30 then we will be rowing in (slightly more neapish) conditions that would equate to starting out after midday on the day of the event.  (4.2 m height on Friday 17th, versus 4.6m on the Saturday 25th). A good chance to investigate conditions near the harbour entrance perhaps?

*** I see now there is am 8 am start posted, which is fine by me.
 I only posted the above because I noticed the shape of the predicted tide height curve for Friday. The HW time is near the right-hand end of the peak, and so it means we will have less time after HW before the height of tide means we will be running out of water sooner than normal.

Re: Training Row. Friday 17th 8am

Claire Tomlinson
I thought high tide was 10am but I was looking at Northney?
I can do earlier. What do others think?
Please can we all confirm and decide which is best time to go out?
Anyone up for a coffee etc afterwards?
Claire

Re: Training Row. Friday 17th 8am

nigel
Stick with 8am,........and a coffeeeeeee!!!!

Alan says he hopes for us to row in Swear Deep, so let’s go out in her on Friday.

Re: Training Row. Friday 17th 8am

RichardH
Hi Claire

SWeare Deep it is and down to HISC too