Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

If you are coming to help to load boats on Friday,  don't forget there is a row organised by Phil Polwin before See seperate post. Would be great if many can also join this row.

Towers are
Nigel A Gladys Inc teifi to be left on beach
Peter L galleys
Richard B Swaere deep
colin mabel will bihar up Saturday

The plan:-

Friday 18th August at 15:00 (which is one hour after High water)
All meet at Langstone to recover Gladys and Mabel from moorings, place on trailers and pull up into boat park.
Then .....
Place a Teifi upturned and a set of carbon oars inside one of the Claydons on its trailer

Move Swaere Deep from dolly to road trailer.

All hands in moving Langstone Lady and Sallyport to double galley trailer (it is a big lift to get galley on to second deck)

All trailer boards and wiring attached to trailers and boats secured and strapped to trailers.

All trailers positioned with tow bars facing gate of boat park.

Some retire to Royal Oak to await tide to drop

It should then be possible for towers to remove boats from the boat park at about 16:30 when water will have receeded sufficiently to motor past the Roal Oak. Some hands need to remain to help get trailers on to towers vehicals.

If towers would prefer to hitch up to trailers early on Saturday morning, that is fine, but they may need to seek help to move loaded trailers.

Saturday 19th August
The precise times are not yet published, but the Tudor Challenge is likely to take place around high Tide at 14:30, so let us assume all boats need to be on the water at around  12:30.

11:30 All hands will need to be at Tudor Sailing Club Eastern Rd, Portsmouth PO3 5LY. To unload boats, get onto water and stow trailers.

On completion of the event, in the evening, please can all return to Langstone to unload trailers for galleys and Swaere Deep and reomove Teifi from Claydon Trailer. THe Claydons will need to remain on their trailers in the boat park until next used.

Please can you sign up below if you can
A- act as a tower to get boats to and from Tudor Sailing Club off the eastern Road in Portsmouth
B - are able to come along and help move all 6 boats that are taking part in this event

Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Vernon Seddon
I can be there to move boats Mark, timings are on the Tudor challenge website, first boats off at 1pm.

https://tudorchallenge.com/

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Pam P
I can help morning and eve of Saturday

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Peter can tow. And we can help on Friday afternoon.

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Mo Evans
I’ll be there the on Friday , but please may I be excused lifting duty on the double trailer  -  I still have a shoulder injury.

Thank you Mark

Mo

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Mark Taylor
Absolutely Mo, please no lifting from you.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Hi Mark, afraid Friday 18th is my birthday and I have plans, but very willing to help with anything I can on 19th….just shout to let me know where/when you need me.
Thanks for organising us all!

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Claire Tomlinson
I’ll be there Friday to help.
Claire

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Can help on Friday afternoon but will need to get away by about 5pm. Will be there on Saturday morning too. Marion

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Will be there on the Friday to help

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Joan
Sorry am not here on the Friday until late afternoon so can’t help then but can do Sat morning. Joan

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Richard B
Hi Mark, very happy to assist on Friday 18 but have to leave by 1600hrs as another commitment. Will be there all day Saturday with Sally Port crew and can assist accordingly . Cheers, Richard B

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Pam P
Change of plans, can help any part of Saturday.

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Anne3
I can be around on Friday. Anne de P

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

As agreed originally I shall be taking Gladys there and back, so will be picking her up straight from the beach on Friday ( so please do not wheel her up onto the boat park).

If trailers are being rotated in the boat park, so that their ball hitches face the entrance, please remember that the drains under the grass (on the left as you enter the boat park) will be damaged by the weight of laden trailers. Please try and do any manoeuvres further up the boat park where no damage should result.

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Steve F
Hi Mark ... I will come along to help, but unfortunately Steve still cannot lift so he won't be much help I'm afraid
!  Thanks, Ally

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Heather Green
I'll be there to help (and row!) all day Saturday. Apologies I cannot make Friday to help - I'm away.

Many thanks, Heather.

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Hi Mark - I will be there Fri afternoon (and Sat for event)

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Jo Kingsbury
Hi Mark, will try and help where I can Friday but can't make 3 and definitely help Saturday. Jo

Re: Tudor Challenge - Sat 19 August - getting the boats there and back

Chris Murray
Hi Mark, I can help on Friday and will be around on Saturday.  Chris
12