Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

RichardH
This post was updated on .
Our club has been invited to the inaugural Tudor Challenge 2022 and this invitation is open to any fixed seat traditional style boat or traditional-style replica, powered by a minimum of four oars.

The course, weather permitting, will be a route of about 10 miles within the harbour using permanent marker buoys and other markers. The race is timed around high tide so there are no water depth issues for any part of the circuit. Should there be poor weather/high winds on the day, the route may be switched to a shorter one based on the first half of the original route.

The race categories are still under development but once the organisers have more information on numbers and type of vessel it is expected that the race organisers we will expand the selection of categories.. At the time of writing and to allow you to consider your teams, you can expect there to be trophies for the following Challenges:
A) Fastest overall around the course (with handicap)
B) Fastest women’s team around the course (with handicap)
C) Fastest Veterans team (each rower must be 55 years of age or over)
D) Fastest Veterans women’s team (each rower must be 55 years of age or over)
E) Fastest Boat in each class i.e Pilot Gig, Solent Galley, Bursledon, (further categories will be created when two or more of a particular boat class enter).

Venue - The Tudor Challenge will be held at Tudor Sailing Club, Eastern Road, PO11 0NH.   Race Start Time - 11:00AM and boats will be set off in short intervals. Approximate time to finish – 2 hours
The entry fee for the race will be £10.00 per rower.  Teams will be 5 persons: a cox and 4 rowers.  The cox and rowers can change positions as often as they wish during the row.   However there is no passenger and it is expected that rowers will be capable of rowing all the time unless they are coxing.

Interested then please post below by Sunday 29th May and state which is your order of preference for Claydon, Solent Galley or Celtic Longboat.  If you would like further information then please contact me.

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Mark Taylor
If we can form a grr team for Gladys,  then this would be a great opportunity as a training row.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

MartinS
Yes please Richard.

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Phil P
Yes please
Phil

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Pete Reed
Yes please.
Sounds good fun
Pete

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Vernon Seddon
Yes please Richard

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Yes please for me, if space. Would prefer a galley and, although this will come as a shock to many, I would meet the criteria for super vets!

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

tombennettx@gmail.com
Add me in please..

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Lynn Murray
Chris and I would both like to do this, any boat is fine.

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

I would like to join in too. Sue

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Please put me on the list.  Mabel or Gladys preferably, but happy to be in anything that moves on the water (quickly)!

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Hi Richard,
Please could I go down as a provisional/reserve for this.
I’d love to do it as it sounds like a great day, however that date is my Mum’s 75th birthday!
I believe she’s going away for her birthday, in which case I’m free, but if she decides not to go away, I’ll have to do the right thing and be around to take her out etc…..so if there’s a reserve list, please put me on it and I can let you know one way or another for definite in a week or so (hope that all makes sense?!)
Thanks, Matt

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Barry Scott
Yes, please Richard,

Barry

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Paul Bennett
Yes please - Galley of Celtic.
Thanks
Paul

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

tombennettx@gmail.com
Yes please. Galley preferred.

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Mike Ballard
Hi Richard, thought I had responded to this but can’t see it? But yes please for me. Preferably galley or Clayton. Thanks, Mike

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Mike Ballard
Of course I meant Claydon

Re: Tudor Challenge Saturday August 13th 2022

Hi Richard,
Just to confirm I definitely won’t be able to make this row now.
Hope you all have a great day though!
Matt