Update on Tudor Challenge

RichardH
Hi

A couple of members have asked about the Tudor Challenge tomorrow in light of the high temperatures.  I have expressed these concerns to Jane, one of the organisers.

Speaking to Jane tonight, I understand that they will take a decision tomorrow morning about whether to keep the current course or use a shorter 5km course.  If they use the current planned course they will be giving advice about regularly taking on water during the race and they will listen to what competitors have to say at the coxes briefing too.  Do ask questions when you arrive and express any concerns you may have.

Good luck everyone

Re: Update on Tudor Challenge

nigel
It's over now!!! And to prove it, here's a pic of the survivors!.....and they came away with some rotten old wood, and some nicer newer wood!

Old timber!

 New wood.

Lady-like acceptance!

Some of the lambs after the slaughter...

1).      Old Timber
2).      New Wood
3).      Lady-like acceptance
4&5).  Some of the lambs, after the slaughter!

.....and why, Oh why, does Nabble rotate some, but not all of my photos.....?

Re: Update on Tudor Challenge

Vernon Seddon

Re: Update on Tudor Challenge

Sue Loveridge
Well done everyone.

Re: Update on Tudor Challenge

Looks like you did great, well done everyone!

Re: Update on Tudor Challenge

Looks like a really good day and a brilliant result!!

Re: Update on Tudor Challenge

Karen Bakovljev
Well done all

Re: Update on Tudor Challenge

Pete Reed
It was a fantastic day.
Marion, Mike and Lynn were wonderful rowing Langstone Lady for the entire course and even able to put in an extra drive at the end for a sprint finish!
The Tudor club organisation was outstanding and the trophies were all individual and had a lot of thought in them.
I didn't see the final positions and times but the Gladys crew must have worked their socks off.
Brilliant day all round.
Pete

Re: Update on Tudor Challenge

nigel
I don't know that we worked our socks off, Pete, but my watch told me I had worked off 1,000 calls !!!