Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

On Tuesday P&O's latest, biggest and vulgarest cruise liner Britannia will be named by the Queen at Southampton, so I propose a rowpast to give Her Maj something to wave at.
We will then proceed to the Dancing Man Brewery for some of their excellent home brewed ale.
The weather looks to be good, with F3 winds gusting F5 as a front goes through. First HW is 13.30.
Here's the plan:
10.00 Meet at the boat park, attach boat to trailer, depart 10.30.
11.00 Launch Warsash.
15.00 Return Warsash.
16.00 Return Langstone.
Anyone interested? The double trailer is out of action at the moment, so if more than one boat is needed we will take Mabel assuming someone volunteers to tow.

RE: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Jenny

Sounds brilliant. Yes please Chris
Thanks Jenny

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

On Tuesday P&O's latest, biggest and vulgarest cruise liner Britannia will be named by the Queen at Southampton, so I propose a rowpast to give Her Maj something to wave at.
We will then proceed to the Dancing Man Brewery for some of their excellent home brewed ale.
The weather looks to be good, with F3 winds gusting F5 as a front goes through. First HW is 13.30.
Here's the plan:
10.00 Meet at the boat park, attach boat to trailer, depart 10.30.
11.00 Launch Warsash.
15.00 Return Warsash.
16.00 Return Langstone.
Anyone interested? The double trailer is out of action at the moment, so if more than one boat is needed we will take Mabel assuming someone volunteers to tow.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Visit-new-cruise-liner-Britannia-Tuesday-Mar-10-tp3343.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Hi Chris, I would love to do this but I am teaching in school first thing....if I could screech into the car park in Warsash at 11 (probably still inappropriately dressed to row) would I be allowed to come?

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Don't see why not...you can change in the public loo at the car park...

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Daphne Berry
Yes please Chris - Andrew

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Jackie Tutt
Sounds like a great idea, I love vulgar cruise liners.
kr
Jackie

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Ron and Cheryl please Chris.

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Chris,

Guess numbers won't work now but yes please if we get a second crew and it's my Birthday so very happy to share it with such nice folk!

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

We can't miss this Steve. Judging by the fact that we have a crew already, there may well be enough for Mabel as well. We can fly our Diamond Jubilee Pageant flags!

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Shellz
Would love to Chris.  Mike has arranged a client meeting for 2pm but I will see if that can be adjusted...

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Sue Martin
oooh! Yes please, sounds great. Happy to row in Mabel if required. The leg positioning in her really suits me well. Sue

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Shellz
Sorry Chris, can't do this after all, it's too long a day and I have just too much other stuff that I just can't avoid doing any longer.

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Unfortunately Shelley has had to drop out which makes us nine:
Jenny
Rachel
Andrew
Jackie
Ron
Cheryl
Steve
Sue
Me

This is a slight problem. I have tried to work out a way of using a galley and a Teifi but the crews don't balance, so I fear I will have to ask for three volunteers to stand down. You get preference next time!

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Hi Chris, I have rearranged school (making them do Maths during assembly :-)  so will definitely be at Warsash ready to row by 11 and can come back after and help unload. I am happy to row/cox the Teifi if that is any help?

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Hi Chris, although very disappointied, Cheryl and I are prepared to back down if required. However, if the situation should change, we would still like to come if possible. As the weather forecast and tide looks good for tomorrow, we are considering taking Kittiwake out for a run. If someone else drops out and wants to join us that would be good. All the best ~ Ron and Cheryl

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

That's very noble of you both. Of course, if someone volunteers to make up a second boat I will let you know at once. Thanks.

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Shellz
Ladies and Gents, I'm so sorry, I feel really awful now. I thought I could say sod it and just go rowing but actually my commitments tomorrow, in addition to the client meeting, are just too great and deadlines too tight.

RE: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

sue martin
Hi Chris, I will step down. Due to an on going lower back problem, which is currently in flare up mode, it is probably wise not to row tomorrow. Very very disappointed I am, but sensible nonetheless. Sue

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Chris, I was one of last in so will bow out and row local leaving you with a 6 for the Galley. Have a great row Cheers

Re: Visit new cruise liner Britannia Tuesday Mar 10

Now we are down to 5!!
12